Batgirl Movie

On the one hand, I love Barbara Gordon and I would love to see her on the big screen. On the other hand, it's DC and I have concerns. On the OTHER other hand, it's Joss Whedon which raises a raft of OTHER concerns...

I just don't know how to feel about this. I have no faith in DC doing right by female characters on the big screen (though I hope like HELL Wonder Woman proves me wrong). Maybe once I've seen how WW goes, I'll be less ambivalent... but then again, Whedon.
Pretty much said everything I feel. A Batgirl movie (heck, a Batwoman movie) could be great... but then we all know what Whedon does to strong female characters

Remember that female led catwoman movie? Being hailed as one of the worst movies of all time? Just cause it has a woman lead, doesnt make it good.

:confused

What? Did I say somewhere in this forum (or heck, anywhere on the internet) that Catwoman was a good movie simply based on the fact that it had a female in the leading role? Hold on a second, I'm trying to find the right words here. Uh, it's...

No. NO. NO! That movie was horrible! It had nothing to do with Catwoman! Nothing! The outfit was dreadful, the actors were poorly cast and... gah. Nothing about that movie worked and everyone seemed to agree when it was released. Oh, and your statement about how "just cause it has a woman lead, doesn't make it good'? It doesn't make it bad either.

:confused

What? Did I say somewhere in this forum (or heck, anywhere on the internet) that Catwoman was a good movie simply based on the fact that it had a female in the leading role? Hold on a second, I'm trying to find the right words here. Uh, it's...

No. NO. NO! That movie was horrible! It had nothing to do with Catwoman! Nothing! The outfit was dreadful, the actors were poorly cast and... gah. Nothing about that movie worked and everyone seemed to agree when it was released. Oh, and your statement about how "just cause it has a woman lead, doesn't make it good'? It doesn't make it bad either.
No, you didnt. It just popped in there cause I watched a bit of it the other day. Nothing against you at all. It was kind of a backwards comment that I should have edited out and I apologize for even saying it. Everyone knows that movie is garbage :lol

No, you didnt. It just popped in there cause I watched a bit of it the other day. Nothing against you at all. It was kind of a backwards comment that I should have edited out and I apologize for even saying it. Everyone knows that movie is garbage :lol

And let's be absolutely honest here, the fact that the movie was about a female character was the very LEAST of the issues with that film....:lol

To be honest, I wish DC would do a female character with Joss that ISNT batman related. Kinda getting sick of batman. Do Black Canary, or Huntress. I know they have WW coming out, but I cant not see the movie as a woman version Captain America. Just with the settings etc. And tone. And production design.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back