DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Shoot man, I only took Latin in school, and barely retained any of it, so I commend you on your language skills!!

I was joking that that the side we see in the movie is brown, the side we see now is black - maybe one side is black and the other is brown haha.

Yeah peek under there and take some pictures with flash... Maybe you'll be able to see what's hiding under the edges of the pistons!

It looked a bit brassy in real life (the spacer under the bracket). I'll double check this next time. It was too busy to lean down and look for long.

edit:
@newmagrathea Have one more. There is a great pic of the DL-44 in the link below.

http://top.tsite.jp/entertainment/cinema/i/23473389/

https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8759/28434118786_ffa59fd590_b.jpg

this one is a hell of a lot better than my ninja photography. Grips look painted, brown showing beneath.

Whoa, I did not get what you were saying about the spacer until now. That is a game changer. That is an excellent photo from an angle that I don't think any of us have seen before. We can clearly see the bottom side of the gun very well. The shape of the scope bracket really stands out. Agreed the grips look painted with brown showing through. This pic makes the whole gun look painted. I still think the flash hider is metal, probably aluminum and not Delrin.

I have a new photo request if I may, please get one straight from the bottom. Pretty please if you can :)

So I think that it was always sticking out that far, I found a clue to it. In this pic of Luke holding the gun you can see the front edge of the scope bracket sticking out, if it had a narrower spacer we wouldn't see that edge. Thoughts

LukeHoth.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely think that the bracket and the way it's mounted haven't been altered at all, since filming.

It looks to me like the MGC also retains its original finish, and wasn't painted, except for the grips. I don't think all the pins and such would be as visible, and the details and edges so crisp, if the body of the gun were painted.

I kind of wonder if that spacer is something else from the the Thorens turntable. Does anyone have one? Does anyone have the link for ordering the real replacement Thorens disk?

Looking closer at this photo, my eyes are seeing something weird as the spacer.

It looks like it's got a curve to it, almost. Like, imagine the shape of a doughnut, or a bagel.

2ab374c8fcb9c9415abe01ef142e4402.jpg

Does anyone else see a curve shape? Certainly could just be the light and the shadows.

The first impression had was that it had a brassy tone and had a curve like that :) it only looks slight, but to me it doesn't look like a flat edge either

I'm making a list to look at when I'm there, so even if I fail to get any pics I can get a list of basic details.
Please think of any I've missed off

Inside the flash hider
-Cut MGC barrel detail. Left rough or painted over?
-Barrel plug details. Like the stock MGC plug on some models or looks like a custom add-on?

Flash Hider
-Transition from cone to cylinder.
-Confirm lip from different angles to avoid perspective illusion.
-What behind the flash hider is like.
-Better opinion of what the lines are drawn with. Line thickness.
-Aluminium in appearance?

Spacer
-Straight edges or not?
-Height estimate

Thorens
-What does the staining look like. Glue, paint, corrosion etc.
-Fastening type and size

Grips
-Make absolutely sure the left grip isn't brown (lol)

Left side of the gun
-This is hard to see as the gun is lying on it, and is on an angled base. I'll have to get really damn low.

I wish I could see if it had any MGC logos on it, I have a couple with an array of different stamps. Hurts knowing I have one that might be accurate but never know to use it.

Last edited:
Check this out. I did some digging around and found a possible candidate for the spacer. This is a pulley from a thorens turntable. It is brass, has a chamfered edge giving it that rounded look, and might be the correct thickness. I don't have dimensions though.

ThorensPully.jpg

Check this out. I did some digging around and found a possible candidate for the spacer. This is a pulley from a thorens turntable. It is brass, has a chamfered edge giving it that rounded look, and might be the correct thickness. I don't have dimensions though.

View attachment 647153
If this IS true, they might have attached the bracket with a countersunk screw, one point of contact like the Bespin blasters and used the Thorens plate to cover it up

If this IS true, they might have attached the bracket with a countersunk screw, one point of contact like the Bespin blasters and used the Thorens plate to cover it up

I asked what the dimensions are, and I'm waiting to hear back.

True, could have done that or just drilled a three holes in it.

View attachment 647153

Like this?

esb-Hothdl-44008.png

The Thorens disc looks not like any other part seen on Han´s blasters, so i wouldn´t wonder if they just used it to cover something up, maybe a sunken screw.

Very well could be the case, and that would go along with your theory that the smaller bolts don't go through the whole magazine.

But, like newmagrathea said, it would've been easy enough to drill three holes through the part.

The more I look at the brass part, the more i think it may not be tall enough to be the only thing under the scope bracket.

Still, this is all very exciting, and I can't wait to see the new photos mortifactor brings us!

Edit: Does anyone know how long the original screws that attached the Thorens disc to the rest of that assembly are? I remember seeing a pic of that whole assembly once, maybe someone can find it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back