Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

I'm actually so much more excited for this than I was for TFA. While I LOVED The Force Awakens, I'm just ready to see another story told in this galaxy far far away and this looks to be a GREAT movie from what we've seen. I hope it blows away the paltry predictions of $130M! I'll see it multiple times. The planned stand-alone-films are where my real interests are going forward. Yeah sure I'll always feel a part of the Skywalker drama but I want to be told another story (on screen) for once in the past 40 years.

Its a credit to the marketing of this that with every new clip that comes up the tone changes strongly (helped powerfully by the each individual piece of theme music I may add). I wonder where it will eventually end up? As regards this being a new type of saga story to the usual Skywalker one, I'm hoping it won't be entirely as hopeless by the end as the possibilities might suggest, and I'm kind of more heavily invested in the story now that I've read "Catalyst". It really does work very well with the entirety of the existing film sagas and TV series whilst opening up and adding to the SW universe with ideas and possibilities I thought made everything work really well. I'm far more impressed with this than the TFA so far because it feels so much more relevant to the "canon", but I think it will probably open up a lot of potential storylines going forward.

15193474_1019825301496904_5752818101336206101_n.jpg

And Rogue One Bail Organa!

Bail can be spotted in one of the trailers or TV spots if you look closely... (I forget which one, sorry)
It must have been discussed in this thread before.

View attachment 685891
Same symbol as he wore in EP3, yes.
Aww.. I hadn't noticed that. I read about the symbol on Wookieepedia after I had seen and repressed most of my memory of that movie and the article does not mention canon uses of it... hmm.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back