TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

I always wondered what that thing was! I thought it was just some random object that had fallen down the shaft.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/bespin thing.jpg

I never thought or believed that was Luke's hand or lightsaber. I always thought it was the filmmakers wanting us to see how far/long/dangerous the fall was to emphasize the danger Luke was in hanging down there.

Plus it destracts the eye from looking at the matte painting of the lower Bespin spike which does not look as realistic as it could, most matte paintings with no movements look fake quicker to the eye.

Or maybe more accurate ones by a new maker... That would be awesome...

Maybe someone is already working on them... and just going to spring them on the RPF in a couple months... maybe... ;)

parks designs and makes them.

If somebody was willing to make an offer to parks ...

Parks, Parks, Parks... maybe there is someone else??? maybe... ;)

Last edited:

Maybe someone is already working on them... and just going to spring them on the RPF in a couple months... maybe... ;)

Hmmm. :thumbsup

It was a piece of the weather vane he landed on.

I've always thought the same thing.

It's great to see the Graflex again in a SW film.

I had a lot of doubts about Episode 7, but the recent trailer has erased a lot of them. It looks like the spirit of Star Wars is back.

5lc9kGO.jpg

Well now..

freaking-out_14.gif

I am so tempted to go broke for one of your lightsabers, especially if it's a graflex..but alas, I'll just watch in envy as you and others assemble the original lightsaber.

Man, a few weeks back I was looking at my Parks Graflex and wishing it was a genuine flash. No more. I now consider myself lucky to have ANY type of graflex:lol

Robert

The trailer saber is an ESB graflex with glass eye instead of a second red button.

Also the coolest graflex IMO

It was a piece of the weather vane he landed on.

Exactly! Besides, I do remember a certain parental conversation between the hand chopping and the sky diving! I don't think the saber & hand hung in mid-air waiting until Luke was finished screaming 'NOOOOOO' :D

I was poking around some foundries to get some quotes for tooling, but if somebody else is already on top of things, then by all means, go forth and create graflexes!(so we can all buy them)

I never thought or believed that was Luke's hand or lightsaber. I always thought it was the filmmakers wanting us to see how far/long/dangerous the fall was to emphasize the danger Luke was in hanging down there.

Plus it destracts the eye from looking at the matte painting of the lower Bespin spike which does not look as realistic as it could, most matte paintings with no movements look fake quicker to the eye.

Right it's random trash to show the height. Lucasfilm said so in a Q&A thing from SW Insider. It's a big coincidence (or the Force?) for Luke to fall in that side chute. It would be a stretch that his hand, still holding the lightsaber, also fell in that exact same side chute.

Right it's random trash to show the height. Lucasfilm said so in a Q&A thing from SW Insider. It's a big coincidence (or the Force?) for Luke to fall in that side chute. It would be a stretch that his hand, still holding the lightsaber, also fell in that exact same side chute.

I seem to remember that either in the novelization or comic (?) that Vader used the Force to push Luke into one of the shafts, keeping him falling straight down and perhaps saving his life. I could also be completely imaging this.

The image of the Luke ESB was shown to me by a friend last night (I never saw the second trailer) and I have a couple questions. First, the prop shown in that scene can fall into only three categories: made from an original 3 cell, made from a replica, or a prior Luke ESB prop reused. So which is the most likely? Second, does Luke still possess his green ROTJ lightsaber in TFA? Lastly, apart from the said Graflex prop, are the lightsabers hung via rings or covertech in the new film?

It's a newly made prop from a vintage flashgun ... read this thread from page 1 and all will be clear. As for your second question ... most likely ... and your last question ... via the D-ring or Tri-ring though the V2 got most screen time in ROTJ and had a D-ring :)

Chaim

The image of the Luke ESB was shown to me by a friend last night (I never saw the second trailer) and I have a couple questions. First, the prop shown in that scene can fall into only three categories: made from an original 3 cell, made from a replica, or a prior Luke ESB prop reused. So which is the most likely? Second, does Luke still possess his green ROTJ lightsaber in TFA? Lastly, apart from the said Graflex prop, are the lightsabers hung via rings or covertech in the new film?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back