"Concept" Phase Weapon by Kenney's Custom Props, LLC

Hey hey Steve,
just finished watching the latest vid, the Enterprise parts came out very clean as you stated :) , the Marty Ship is looking good, but nobody can fit into it easily LOL, I have 2 possible solutions for you that will remove the obstacles in the way, oooopsy on the top section when you were trying to egress the cockpit :( . You have my # . Talk withya soon :)

Hey hey Steve,
just finished watching the latest vid, the Enterprise parts came out very clean as you stated :) , the Marty Ship is looking good, but nobody can fit into it easily LOL, I have 2 possible solutions for you that will remove the obstacles in the way, oooopsy on the top section when you were trying to egress the cockpit :( . You have my # . Talk withya soon :)

All fixed Vidman! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
yuppers, I had posted my comment just before you posted the new vid on the tube ,, best solution was to remove everything for the auto door opening..
I drew up a quick solution last nite after watching the 1st vid, then saw the new vid.

Simple is sometimes better as we both found out :p

p.s. the magnet and limiter solution you came up with is straight genius :)

Last edited:
Next time people should not sign up if they aren't going to follow through. Kenney went out of his way to try to do something for the fans and people just messed him about. I hope if he ever does offer it again that members get behind him 100%.

I always found that in or around half of the people that expressed interest crapped out on runs I did without the courtesy of replying to messages. I don't like taking deposits before a run but found it was the only way to weed out the sincere people. Unfortunately peoples mouths write checks that their accounts can't cash.

I've had the same problem. A lot of people will say they are interested, but then drop out latter. I had to start taking deposits on work to be sure the person was serious. It's sad, but that's just how it is.

Kenny was smart enough to ask for payment before he did any work. Once it was clear that too many people who had expressed interest were not going to pay, his only options were to charge more to those of us that did pay or to cancel the project and refund our money. I believe if Kenny were to ever offer this again the same thing would probably happen again or Kenny would have to charge a lot more for making a lot less kits and people will complain about it being too expensive.

It's still a bugger. Kenney always tries to do the right thing for fans of his work and he's such a helpful friendly guy. Shame that some people just mess it up.

You guys should consider those that wanted to do this run but when it came down to the dollar amount, $200, $300, or $400 is a lot of money to those that have other things in life...bills, family matters, accidents that happen unexpectedly & just the everyday normal stuff that comes along! Yeah, those that have that kind of money to blow its cool but some don't & still like to have a pretty cool prop at a decent price. I understand that those should consider that a unreleased prop is gonna be high dollar! I sure wanted one but it didn't happen because of the amount of the prop for those that couldn't come through! Hopefully he'll or another run sometime & maybe have a way to make it a bit cheaper for everyone to be able to get a nice prop like this!

Please don't get me wrong guys/gals! Just thought I'd consider those that had plans to get one & something came up & then the bam! Boom! Life gets in the way!

It was a lot of money to me as well which is why I thought long and hard before committing myself financially to the project. Sure some people had situations come up where they had to pull out but to suggest that about half of the people who "committed" to this suddenly had life-emergencies is crazy. This was not ever going to be a cheap cast toy but a high quality printed replica. It was explained why he chose this route. Everyone wants a nice prop but sometimes that just costs more than some can afford. It happens to me all the time.

Kenny told everyone when he started his interest thread that if they didn't have at least $500 dollars to spare that they should not ask to be put on the list. He also told them the price was going to be based on how many people signed up and that it might be more if not enough people wanted one. People still asked to be put on the list and then flaked out on Kenny when it came time to pay. I have no problem with the people who let Kenny know that for whatever reason they could not go through with it but the people I have a problem with are the ones who asked to be put on the list and were never heard from again, which happens way too often. If Kenny ever offers this again maybe he should ask for a non-refundable deposit to even be put on the list, maybe that might get rid of some of the flakes.

Last edited:
I agree with AJK001. I completely understand that things come up and people have to back out, but have the courtesy to PM the person and say you're backing out. It takes very little effort to send a message saying you need to be taken off the list. When people communicate it's easier to reasses the cost of the project.

Kenny told everyone when he started his interest thread that if they didn't have at least $500 dollars to spare that they should not ask to be put on the list. He also told them the price was going to be based on how many people signed up and that it might be more if not enough people wanted one. People still asked to be put on the list and then flaked out on Kenny when it came time to pay. I have no problem with the people who let Kenny know that for whatever reason they could not go through with it but the people I have a problem with are the ones who asked to be put on the list and were never heard from again, which happens way too often. If Kenny ever offers this again maybe he should ask for a non-refundable deposit to even be put on the list, maybe that might get rid of some of the flakes.

I agree. Backing out or signing up and not paying kills too many projects here. This was a real gem from Kenney and people didn't support it. A concept prop from a real prop maker is a cut above what we usually are offered here. I'm saddened w​e didn't pull together to keep this going.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back