Shuttle tydirium pyro model

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to seeing the destruction myself. I have to get back on full time now. I got word from my buddy that we are looking to film the shot in just under three weeks. Gotta get to work!

Did a little work on the cockpit.
IMG_3791.JPGIMG_3792.JPGIMG_3793.JPGIMG_3794.JPGIMG_3796.JPGIMG_3797.JPGIMG_3798.JPG

Primered the cockpit. It's not perfect but it gets the point across. This was put together using 5 different parts. Its glued together in sections and roughly sealed with baking soda and super glue. I just need to sand the seems a little more so the baking soda blotches don't show up in the shot. I'm thinking about just letting it go and moving on since it will only be on screen for a second before blown apart.
IMG_3800.JPGIMG_3804.JPG

Because of work progress has slowed but I'm still trying to meet my deadline. Here I started work on the bridge neck and also the detail under the bridge.
IMG_3832.JPGIMG_3831.JPGIMG_3833.JPGIMG_3834.JPGIMG_3830.JPGIMG_3828.JPGIMG_3824.JPGIMG_3826.JPGJust need to finish the grill.
The detail is not perfect, but with it's impending doom, it does not have to be.

Unfortunately the project has been put on hold temporarily. My buddy and his partner had a little bit of a falling out and have put the movie aside for a short while. On a positive note, the model is just about done and I will be sure to post some new pics here in a few days. Either way, if the show goes on or not I will still blow the snot outta this thing! The shot is still basically the same as originally designed, with the exception of another angle added. So I can still proceed with the blast. I just need to get ahold of my buddies partner who is handling the pyros. As I said, this will get done, but until then I have moved on to other projects for the time being.

Yes, it will blow! It's built too fragile to be converted into a hero model. I will actually be starting a hero build of the shuttle shortly after I complete the projects I'm on now.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back