Bandai release schedule

Hi I've been lurking these boards and a few others for over a year, always forgetting to register. I'm affiliated with Bluefin, the company that Bandai uses to distribute the Star Wars products to U.S. retailers. I am not from Bandai Japan itself, but I am in constant communication and reporting with their departments on a daily basis. I am a model enthusiast though my subject material is often not dedicated to firm accuracy, but instead what new creative interpretations that could be inserted into that source material. More or less I'm a big airplane and sci-fi fan.

I just wanted to update on the following U.S. schedule that Disney/Lucas has authorized Bandai Japan to put into the U.S. thus far. These will be available at u.s. local hobby shops as well as online stores.

Dec 2016
1/72 & 1/144 Red Squadron X-wing Starfighter Special Set

Jan 2017
1/72 A-Wing
1/72 Poe's X-Wing
1/72 TIE Interceptor
1/72 TIE Striker

Feb 2017
1/144 U-Wing & Tie Striker
1/72 X-wing
1/72 TIE Fighter
1/72 TIE Advanced X1
1/48 Snowspeeder

Mar 2017
1/144 NEW item that will be up for pre-order in about a week
1/48 AT-ST
1/72 Y-Wing

Will update this again after more information is confirmed.

When should the standard TIE and Vader's TIE be available through Bluefin? February has come and gone with no sign of them.

The Bandai SW Schedule page hasn't been updated for future releases. We know that a 1/2 Scale BB-8 is going to be released, but I wonder if this suggests that there may be something else "big" is coming.

TazMan2000

The Bandai SW Schedule page hasn't been updated for future releases. We know that a 1/2 Scale BB-8 is going to be released, but I wonder if this suggests that there may be something else "big" is coming.

TazMan2000
Or maybe they are getting ready for TLJ kits?

Chris

Has anyone posted the box art of the AT-AT?,.....if they have.....well I'm posting it again!!!

b31-1.jpg

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/160735

J

Sounds like I need to keep an eye on my local Hobby Lobby!

So I went to Hobby Lobby today and what did I see 1/72 scale Bandai kits!! Right now all they had were the Tie Interceptor and the Rogue One X-wing set. 40% off coupons here I come! Oh the Tie was $29 and the Rogue one X-wing as $39

As someone already mentioned, some select Bandai Star Wars models are now trickling into Hobby Lobby. Any comments requesting more product should be directed at Hobby Lobby, they will look at that feedback seriously.

Will they? I remember a time when Hobby Lobby used to carry a wide variety of model kits, on 2 and a half aisles.
They had a car section, a ship section, an aircraft section, a sci-fi section... They carried Hobbycraft, Trumpeter, Dragon, Czech, HK, all kinds of obscure stuff as well as the standard Revell and Tamiya kits. I would spend Saturdays driving to all the Hobby Lobbies within a 30 mile radius, and each one would have different kits.
Then, overnight, they condensed their model aisle to one side of a single row, and all the Dragon and Trumpeter and HK kits were suddenly gone, and every store had the exact same inventory: Cheap, crappy Revell kits and overpriced Tamiyas.
They certainly didn't take my feedback seriously when I complained about it.

This isn't a personal attack or anything - I'm just still very upset at Hobby Lobby for marginalizing and diminishing my legitimate hobby to make room for more plastic flowers and wall clocks. (How the hell are wall clocks a "hobby"???)

A lot of what Hobby Lobby sells would be considered more decorations instead of hobby materials.

My local one occasionally has hidden surprises- I found an Aoshima Mad Max car on sale for a wonderful price.
I hope to go by soon and see what Bandai they might stock, haven't had the funds to take advantage of the opportunity so far...

There's still no mention of Bandai on the Hobby Lobby website, I may go into the store tomorrow and see what's there.

And custom clock making is a fine hobby even though I'm not into it. Crafting and making something is better than making nothing, and I've been able to learn a lot even from hobbies not related to my own interests. But I do wish my hobbies were as respected by the other crafters.

I don't mean "making" clocks - that's totally cool, and I actually just made some for Christmas presents last year.
I mean clocks that are already assembled and painted and working and packaged that you just buy and hang on the wall.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Clocks/c/dc-HA-Clocks

I'm just sore that models and model making have been relegated to a corner in the back of the "arts and crafts" store to make way for home decor.
I'm not knocking others' hobbies - I just don't understand how buying pre-fab knick-knacks and doodads is considered a hobby or an art or a craft.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back