Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I don't think that is what they were saying... it says "Lucas's relationship to the movies had taken one step back" meaning, his involvement wasn't 100% and he had later reservations about that and some resentment... and they were aware (as we fans are) that Lucas was not entirely thrilled with the darkness and direction ESB went. Even though it is the fan's favorite it is not Lucas' favorite. he wasn't happy with some of the story and how it was directed.. too dark. as for Return of the Jedi, Gary Kurtz quit due to the direction the film was going (too cartoony and campy for his tastes) so I think many didn't want to work with GL on the new movies due to GL not being easy to work with.

All that and the fact that Ep4 Lucas lost his first wife, Ep5 he met his second and Ep6 he almost lost her because he gets so involved in the production that everything else takes a second chair, mostly his family. So personally I think his personal life had alot to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
All that and the fact that Ep4 Lucas lost his first wife, Ep5 he met his second and Ep6 he almost lost her because he gets so involved in the production that everything else takes a second chair, mostly his family. So personally I think his personal life had alot to do with it.

Who was his second wife? I wasn't aware he had ever remarried after Marcia, until his current wife, that is. I know he had a thing with Linda Ronstadt, but to my knowledge they never married.

Holy crap. Someone just won for best over-analysis of a spaceship flying in another universe using technologies that don't allow us to be able to do those things here, but do in those worlds because they have all sorts of stuff we haven't begun to figure out yet. Here we're analyzing the probability of how the MF can pull up under the speeds it was at when we still have some things to note from the old films:

- We don't have laser blasters that fire like that
- No lightsabers that can extend to a length and stop without something on the other end
- The force.... not here!
- Space Stations the size of a moon
Shall I go on?

Movies allow us to go into worlds where we can make the impossible possible. Leave it alone. We're not even dealing with our galaxy in this universe.

In physics, acceleration and gravity is the same thing, so compensating for the g-forces of acceleration would be enabling artificial gravity in the opposite direction. At no time do we see anyone floating around on the Millenium Falcon, so it is pretty evident that it has artificial gravity.

My favourite detail of the artificial gravity on the Millenium Falcon is that the gravity in the gun turrets is at a right angle to the gravity in the rest of the ship.
You see in ANH how Han climbs up a ladder and Luke climbs down, and then there is a cut and the ladder is now the floor when Luke and Han reach their gunner seats.

Can't say I'm terribly bothered. I like Kasdan's work in the past and at most, I am fairly ambivalent about JJ Abrams. I like the idea of giving the Big 3 their swan song before delving more deeply into the new characters, if that's even true at all.

Considering how George Lucas's modern vision/interpretation of what we remember as Star Wars has been raked over the coals by quite a lot of people, myself included from time to time, history may be more kind to the Disney/Abrams vision than one might think. I know I've certainly liked what I've seen so far. If this has been a 180 from what GL intended, then history would be right indeed.

z6paovigzmgwh7xh112t.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely okay with new characters. There were a lot of really good new characters in the old EU. However I agree that there's only so much time to use the original cast before they're too old. I say do three with the OT cast (put Lando in there already!!!) and then turn over to new characters.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back