STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

combination of not paying close attention and wishful thinking.

From what I remember from old David F interviews, the Jedi aspect is going to be small. Sounds like the Jedi presence of Kanan and Ezra will will be weak when compared the Jedi we know from TCW. And in the grand scheme of the story, it is a small part.

From what I remember from old David F interviews, the Jedi aspect is going to be small. Sounds like the Jedi presence of Kanan and Ezra will will be weak when compared the Jedi we know from TCW. And in the grand scheme of the story, it is a small part.

Although it does seem to feature pretty decisively in those trailers.

combination of not paying close attention and wishful thinking.

you have to look at it this way... Star Wars is Jedi, Sith, Lightsabers, droids, armored troopers, spaceships, blasters Jawas... :D if this show came on and after half way through the season there was no lightsaber action kids would be crying and wondering why no one has a lightsaber... It would be like Star Trek with no Vulcans and no Tricorders... Or The Dukes of Hazzard with no "Dixie" horn sound coming from the General Lee when it jumped over a ditch! My gawd son! how can we have no Dixie horn on Dukes of Hazzard! It would be blasphemy!!!! :D

Having now seen all trailers and character vids I have faith this will be a fun Star Wars show for both kids and fans alike. It also has what I thought should have been the Obi/Anikin story feel. I have always said if Lucas would have made Anikin around 13 - 16 TPM may have had a better story... Just my thought. But Rebels is shaping up to be fun. I loved TCW so yeah, I'm stoked.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

What, lightsabers and Force users? For some reason I was under the impression we were finally going to have a show without those.

I can't really imagine this show without Jedi or the force to some degree. The years following the Clone Wars were ones where the remaining Jedi, and there had to have been quite a number of them left, were being purged everywhere. One of the main characters is himself a Jedi hunter, so he'll have to have someone to hunt. :)

I'm just tired of Jedi. It's been done to death. Imagine if every Star Trek story was about Vulcans. Or Romulans. Or Klingons.

There are so many other stories that can be told, other kinds of people. A regular guy with no supernatural abilities who's a hero is more impressive. The Alliance was put together and maintained by brave, non-Jedi people. Maybe they needed one by the end of ANH, but they built the rebellion without them.

A friend of mine, who is otherwise a big fan of the Rogue Squadron books, once told Mike Stackpole (good naturedly) that the series went downhill once Corran Horn went Jedi. And I agree.

Star Wars without lighsabers and the force would be like Harry Potter without wands and magic. A show about muggles would just be EastEnders right?

There are so many other stories that can be told, other kinds of people.

I understand your position and don't judge you for it. I'm sure there will be lots of different stories over the course of the series that will have nothing to do with Jedi.

I'm just tired of Jedi. It's been done to death. Imagine if every Star Trek story was about Vulcans. Or Romulans. Or Klingons.

There are so many other stories that can be told, other kinds of people. A regular guy with no supernatural abilities who's a hero is more impressive. The Alliance was put together and maintained by brave, non-Jedi people. Maybe they needed one by the end of ANH, but they built the rebellion without them.

A friend of mine, who is otherwise a big fan of the Rogue Squadron books, once told Mike Stackpole (good naturedly) that the series went downhill once Corran Horn went Jedi. And I agree.

I don't disagree those could be interesting stories, but this is a cartoon and the target audience would be bored silly by that kind story.

I don't know, it still doesn't feel like Star Wars to me.......I'll maybe just leave it for the kids

......on the other hand.......Guardians of the Galaxy gives me that '77 Star Wars feeling, that's where it should be at

guardians-of-the-galaxy-poster-new-HD.jpg

J

I just can't seem to give a damn about the Guardians of the Galaxy movie :(

same here... not sure why... I'll wait for the DVD release... then I'll probably wish I saw it on the big screen :D but until then I'm just not feelin' it. watched all the trailers, teasers, extended previews and I didn't laugh once... everyone seems to think it hilarious but.. its just not funny. sorry. maybe in the larger context of the films story it will be but for now, meh.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back