OT Emperor's Throne?

I agree, it is a set of double doors. Regardless, this is an exciting thread. Can't wait to see the build up.

Is it just me, or does this thing look really uncomfortable? No lumbar support. That's probably why the Emporer walked with a cane.

Can't wait to see some progress though. As uncomfortable looking as it looks, it's still a great design.

I plan to have foam filled pleathered parts to sit on and in the backrest. I do agree that the angle might be hard on my back in the long run... But as you said, that might add on to getting into the role... ;)

Is it just me, or does this thing look really uncomfortable? No lumbar support. That's probably why the Emporer walked with a cane.

Can't wait to see some progress though. As uncomfortable looking as it looks, it's still a great design.

I'd love to have one of these with a toilet inside

Hehe, LOVe that idea! Maybe make a inflatable version that anyone could slide onto their toliet? ;)

A guy in the 501st built a throne a while back. It is not canon but could be. Here is his build up

http://djsyczylo.net/replicas/StarWars/EmperorThrone/EThrone.htm

Throne details...

empthrome_detail.jpg

Found parts - Two dynodes plus V8 part 55-A ...
dynodes_emperor.jpg

They may have used the gear from the V8 kit too. It's hard to tell. Looks metal in the pics and like it has a raised lip around the edge (instead of the gear's raised center).

Thanks for the detailed info. Will look locally here in Sweden if I can find something that will match the photos. :thumbsup

How did the light saber sit on it with out falling off with those angles on the arm rests???

I've asked myself the exact same question. I have an idea of putting N48 magnets inside the chair so any saber made out of metal would stay on there... Btw are most hilts made out of metal that sticks to magnets??? (Force FX etc)...

I've asked myself the exact same question. I have an idea of putting N48 magnets inside the chair so any saber made out of metal would stay on there... Btw are most hilts made out of metal that sticks to magnets??? (Force FX etc)...
No, most are made of aluminum. I think the saber sat in a valley made by one of the controll panels.

Throne details...

empthrome_detail.jpg

Found parts - Two dynodes plus V8 part 55-A ...
dynodes_emperor.jpg

They may have used the gear from the V8 kit too. It's hard to tell. Looks metal in the pics and like it has a raised lip around the edge (instead of the gear's raised center).

The top right (longer) "piece" in both top photos is a quick disconnect for an air hose. I use them every day.

The saber lays in a valley between the sharp ridge and a couple of greeblies on the armrest. The control box is facing inwards also, laying on the armrest.

If it was carved from a single piece of foam........

So the actual chair is smaller then the original block.....

And the chair is now inside a room being photographed with an open door behind it.....

Then there must be another wider door not seen in the picture, because otherwise how did they get the foam block in the room ?......

The original foam cube was the size of a sugar-cube.... the propmaster / sulptor carefully added a couple of drops of water onto it, and ran like ****, et voila - it expanded to the size you see here! :lol

You can get that hydro-expanding-foam at Home Depot - but just at the Roswell branch :unsure

I've always wanted an Emperor's Throne, and toyed with the idea of taking an existing swivel chair and building it up with the necessary fibreglass shell. Would be great to see one finished :thumbsup

Cheers,
John

The top details are two photomultiplier dynodes like on the Vader reveal helmet and part number 55-A (crankshaft segment A) from the Revell V8 model kit (above right dynode).
There are also a couple small metal parts up there I can't quite identify.

I have some photomultiplier dynodes in the junkyard right now:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=52332
I could sell just a pair if you need them.
I also have the V8 part.

PM me if interested.
Hello there.
Do you still have these emperors chair top details?
Regards TD 4080

Sendt fra min SM-G850F med Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back