OT Emperor's Throne?

tk4918

I'm about to start building a 1:1 OT Emperor Palpatine's Throne.

Anyone on here that already has done that? I'm asking since I have no measurements, blue prints etc - have to do it all from scratch...
...thought I'd save some time ;)

Anyway, I will document everything so if someone else wants to do one in the future there will be plenty of WIP photos, measurements etc...

Last edited:
I'd recommend this statue by Attakus, which I conveniently have one of that I was going to use for the same purpose. They're quite rare though.

emp.jpg

Have you done a search for it? I believe someone here has built one from scratch. Not sure where they got their measurements from but I believe it was at the last SW celebration if I'm not mistaken. USED to have the pix on my HD but it crashed and lost a few pix. I think he used an existing chair as a base and builit it entirely out of wood. I recall seeing a website of it of the step be step progress.

Have you done a search for it? I believe someone here has built one from scratch. Not sure where they got their measurements from but I believe it was at the last SW celebration if I'm not mistaken. USED to have the pix on my HD but it crashed and lost a few pix. I think he used an existing chair as a base and builit it entirely out of wood. I recall seeing a website of it of the step be step progress.

If you can recall who did this or at what website it was, you'd make my day. I've been searching for weeks without any good result...

The top details are two photomultiplier dynodes like on the Vader reveal helmet and part number 55-A (crankshaft segment A) from the Revell V8 model kit (above right dynode).
There are also a couple small metal parts up there I can't quite identify.

I have some photomultiplier dynodes in the junkyard right now:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=52332
I could sell just a pair if you need them.
I also have the V8 part.

PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does this thing look really uncomfortable? No lumbar support. That's probably why the Emporer walked with a cane.

Can't wait to see some progress though. As uncomfortable looking as it looks, it's still a great design.

I would absolutely love to have one of those in my house. I would sit there all day in a black robe and say "I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational, when your friends arrive."

I've started on a 1:10 scaled version today just to be able to do all the mistakes in paper instead of the finished version.

thronemodel1.JPG

thronemodel2.JPG

And as you see the side of the back support is to narrow, wrongly angled...

Last edited:
Back then they would have used a hot wire to cut the foam and then finish by hand.

Now, if someone could produce a 3d drawing, it could be rapid prototyped out of foam (saving a ton of effort) and then finished by hand. The cut foam only gets you so far, and then there is a mountain of effort involved in taking the cut foam to a finished movie accurate chair.

I've wanted to do one of these for a long time, but to do it faithfully is such a daunting and expensive task.

If anyone is serious about wanting one of these made and has the money to throw at it, ($5000-ish) let me know as all the resources are in place to make it a reality... except for the funding.

I would absolutely love to have one of those in my house. I would sit there all day in a black robe and say "I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational, when your friends arrive."

Whereas I would invite my brother over, and while he was gawping at it I'd stroke the arm as I sat in it and say "You want this.... don't you?"

:lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back