Rogue One Vader costume

Neck was slightly gappy here, consistent with the correction. EP5_BTS_779_R.jpg

Do y'all think that if this is vader maybe something could happen in this war to damage his armor and that's why he's in the bacta tank and that's also why aspects of his armor change towards the end of the movie?

Looks like they filled in more cape/shoulder behind the helmet to fill the negative space instead of fixing the helmet itself. I'm also thinking they did this after the internet freaked out. Still not sure it will look like scene to scene...

Cool, they fixed it - but it doesn't address the root issue that if it looked that way in an unaltered scene there's a larger problem with the costume (or the wearer) itself. I'm super excited for this movie, but what I've seen of the Vader costume so far isn't blowing my skirt up. The anticipation of seeing how all this will play out on screen is killing me!

Honestly, most of the suit looks more ANH, the chestbox is spot on ANH, amber-like lenses, belt more ANH. Gloves just like ANH. The innercloak IS running over the armor in the trailer scene where he walks thru the steam toward Krennic.

I think that's far too esoteric of a plot point to be in a SW movie. My two cents. Vader's look is no different than the Stormtroopers-- they are aiming for the ANH look but making concessions to the fact they want the actors to be able to move, and fabrication techniques have come a long way.

R1 was trying to recreate the ANH look, but kind of over did it all. Like they did too good of a job. ANH lit and shot Vader to hide the flaws where as they were front and center in R1. The suit also took me out of things.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back