Rocketeers

We have a black, female iron man, black boy spiderman...srsly! Just make a strong black character. I am stoked about Black Panther, for instance!I know it is safe to recast a pre-existing character because you avoid the whole stereotype aspect of it, but just get a dart board of race/gender/powers/plot and chuck darts then run with it.

Mind y

just make a strong black character. it was called "BLADE". bad mofo A.frican A.merican that kicked ass, oops damn he didn't have boobs..... my bad...

They haven't realized that black folks aren't all that interested either, they want to see original characters not a rebranding of something that exists but Marvel/Disney and everyone else hasn't figured that out. It's just laziness on the part of the companies instead of daring to take a chance.

It seems like sometimes studios send out press releases about projects in the early stages just to gauge public interest. This is the second time it's happened for the Rocketeer. They did it for Jonny Quest too in 2009, and that's still in development hell.

stopped reading as soon as they mentioned african american female. dont get me wrong here. i am not a racist but comon. would be like luke skywalker being a female in te force awakens.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back