Redhood cosplay progress

Spidey31B

Jr Member
Hey everyone I'm working on a red hood cosplay. So far I've bought all my materials to actually finish it. Just waiting on them to come in. The resin helmet I have however, I need help. What should I use to put in white lenses. Or anyone willing to make them?the first pic is what I have. uploadfromtaptalk1411067358456.jpgI'm trying to get the white eye effect but still be able too see. ? Any suggestions would be nice :) uploadfromtaptalk1411067329766.jpg.

Also have body armor for chest. I have a new jacket. And pistols with belt and holsters. And boots and gloves... just need eyes. Lol

Perforated Vinyl. It's the stuff they use for advertising on the windows of buses and trains, where it looks like an image from the outside, but the people inside the vehicle still have decent visibility out. I know @TJack incorporates white perforated vinyl into his Spider-Man supplies (for which he is well known on this site). Drop him a PM and he can probably help you out.

If you want to know what it looks like, you can check out this post from my own WIP build. The one catch is that it has to be stuck on something, since the underside has adhesive and it is really too flimsy to stay attached on its own. I used mirrored lenses from a cheap pair of sunglasses, but I have seen others do it with cut-out pieces of clear plastic bottles, or other types of mesh (window screens, for instance).

Hope that helps.

And if you don't mind my asking: where did you get the chest armor? Or did you make it? Either way, it looks great!

Does anyone have a idea of what kind of weapons would be good and a curate for red hood. And where I can get duel pistol leg hip belt? I'm having a hard time.

Thanks I'd really appreciate it!!! And later on can you maybe provide me a link for that jacket it's been days and I can't find a suitable one for the one you have!

For the white eye effect I used splatter screen. One of the the round screen things you put over a frying pan while cooking fried foods. I did this for my Batman cowl and I can see just fine.
IMG_20140814_141211_zpsvhsntkra.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back