Need Help discussing ways to coat big-hole fishnet with dragonskin silicone - HELP

tarapotamus

Ok, so...To give a basic idea of what I am trying to do; I am making a bodysuit for a friend, which I am making from spandex and then coating big-hole fishnet in silicone and then applying while wet to the spandex so it adheres and then making it into the bodysuit. I did this yesterday, and I was happy with the way the fishnet adhered to the spandex however after I finished sewing the bodysuit together it no longer had the nice fit that it should have. The legs didn't want to stretch all the way up to the crotch and the chest was too heavy/strong and squished the girls down, along with other fit issues. Even though the spandex, fishnet, and silicone are all very stretchy, it takes a bit of strength to stretch it and also bc some of the silicone seeped through to the underside of the spandex, its basically like trying to put a rubber suit on (which sticks to the skin and makes it hard to put anything tight on). So I am back at the drawing board. I really love the way it looked after the application process I just need to find a better way to make it fit (she lives very far away from me and I don't have her body to mold on [though she is the same size as myself]) and also a better way to apply the siliconized fishnet. This **** is entirely too thick and sticky...The first attempt was I basically squished my netting around in a container of silicone and then painstakingly pulled it apart and laid it on top of my spandex...way harder than it sounds. I had already cut the pieces out into the patterned form before sewing. I think this time I need to make a giant sheet of the silicone fishnet and spandex but I can't think of a good way to achieve that with just one person in a small house with animals and children. My other thought was to make the spandex bodysuit entirely and wear it, and then make a fishnet suit entirely, dip that in the silicone and then someone put it on and stand there and let it cure....which sounds....hard...and not really feasible. UGH. Maybe I am going about this all wrong....I need ideas, I have been in my own head too long and I can't brain any more. Here are pics of my first attempt.

attempt 1 A.jpgattempt 1 B.jpgattempt 1 C.jpg

Re: Need Help discussing ways to coat big-hole fishnet with dragonskin silicone - HEL

First question. Is the fishnet stretchy ? If not then you will have to have some one in the body suit and then apply the netting to it. If there is anything else that needs to be under the body suit it will have to be on the person as well. You also need to have a barrier between the body suit and the persons skin when you apply the dragon skin to the spandex. Any body hair will be incapsulated in the dragon skin and may not be fun taking the body suit off once cured.

Re: Need Help discussing ways to coat big-hole fishnet with dragonskin silicone - HEL

First question. Is the fishnet stretchy ? If not then you will have to have some one in the body suit and then apply the netting to it. If there is anything else that needs to be under the body suit it will have to be on the person as well. You also need to have a barrier between the body suit and the persons skin when you apply the dragon skin to the spandex. Any body hair will be incapsulated in the dragon skin and may not be fun taking the body suit off once cured.

yup everything is stretchy.

Best way to do it is put it on some one and then apply.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back