Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

...Strange headed bolt?

This gets my vote. It may not be a fillister screw but it's gotta be something that the prop guys just had lying around to plug (if it's there) the hole underneath. I don't see them going through the trouble of getting a chunk of aluminium, threading the hole in the saber, then drilling and tapping a hole in the chunk and then securing that to a saber with a set screw or something. It would've made more sense, to me, that they just found something on hand to plug it in with. :unsure

That, or it's a wart.

If it's meant to fill a set-screw hole could it be one of these? These screws come in all sizes comparable to set screws.

http://www.packerfastener.com/assets/pages/products/square-head_set_screw.jpg

By jove, James; I think you're onto something. The chunk, however, is fairly tall; it seems to stick out past the "booster" some ways. How big do the heads on these screws get?

@roygilsing - I'm liking this design, but can you angle and position it similar to the what's seen in the SWCA photos? I think that'll help sell the shape.

Last edited:
Here are the cone knobs. Two of these are being held for two members that already messaged me, and I guess I want to keep one :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 198
The knurling looks a little tighter on the real prop. These must just be what they're making now, but it still looks pretty close :)

Rex that looks great! did u use sandpaper to scratch the paint off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we were talking about the chunk of aluminum below the cone knob... that's the best I can get of it.

oh i got'cha! i thought that plug, plugged the wires for the rotation motor. as i looked back in the thread for the picture of obiwan and the v2 remembering wires sticking out, i proved myself wrong.. looks like the wires are much higher...

and if anything maybe the cone knob actually plugs the wires judging by this pic

Luke-ObiSharedStunt04.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back