GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

I find trailers from the 80s and even before to be so blah. Ever seen the original Star Wars trailer. It makes it feel like a typical space movie.

I'm going to test a theory and say you weren't around when Star Wars first came out. The reason I say that is if you WERE around at the time you would know that there was no such thing as a "typical space movie", primarily because there were hardly any space movies up till that time. So to say that it looked like a typical space movie is ridiculous. That is a comment made through modern eyes, where today it seems like every third movie that comes out is a space movie.

This is supposedly a new article in the Empire june Edition magazine..
If you've got the same people rseponsible for this......reshoots arn't going to help them start trying now.

Don't read any further if you want to keep your optimism.
Id love a scan though just to prove it's right.
>>>As if further proof were needed that this film is steeped in raw sewage.

There's an 8 page article on this movie in the June edition of Empire film magazine. At one point the writer describes being on-set when a scene is being filmed featuring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig pursuing Rowan. As the cameras roll the actors speak their scripted lines before they start throwing out variations and improvised dialogue. He describes how Feig and his writing partner Katie Dippold write down lines and pass them to the actors. This leads to a lengthy succession of takes. The writer then, god bless him, lists a selection of these 'hilarious' improvised takes.

1. "Eat my stream, a-hole!"
2. "Eat my proton!"
3. "Show yourself, you little troll..."
4. "Come out, Rowan. There's a toilet that needs unclogging."
5. "Rowan, collect your virginity from the lost and found."
6. "I can do this all day, Rowan. Busting makes me feel good."
7. "I actually feel kind of terrible. My knees are clicking, my biceps are on fire and my arms are cramping up..."
>>>

My friend's daughter,gawd bless her,likes McCarthy and I've seen a tiny bit of one of the films she's in (don't ask which one I didn't pay enough attention to find out) and that exposure was more then enough for me to know I'd rather dunk my head in a bucket of acid then watch any more of her "humor"

So I suspect the Ghostbusters are going to be more of the same potty-mouth-with-no-humor shtick that seems to amuse people nowadays.....if you're gonna cuss go look at George Carlin or even Andrew Dice Clay and make me laugh when you drop a toilet joke or an F-bomb fer chrissake's.

Are you kidding? They're just dark chocolate covered in little candy bits. What's not to like? Are we talking about the same thing?

Haha yeah, I just dont like those little candy bits, or dark chocolate. Its super bitter to me, and those little hard candies get stuck in my teeth some how. My grandma eats those damn things.

Well, in their defence they're not just giving up on it which is good I suppose.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Two more days of reshoots shouldn't be able to make the movie great, but I have to admit I really hope they're not able to address the movie's many inherent problems. I don't want anything about the end product, from somehow pulling off a watchable movie to pulling in a decent take at the box office, to validate in the studio's eyes the approach which Sony took to this project.

Two more days of reshoots shouldn't be able to make the movie great, but I have to admit I really hope they're not able to address the movie's many inherent problems. I don't want anything about the end product, from somehow pulling off a watchable movie to pulling in a decent take at the box office, to validate in the studio's eyes the approach which Sony took to this project.

Careful, I'm starting to get depressed reading comments like that ;o)

Not that I don't agree ;o). I had the EXACT Same GD thought. I don't want some magical reshoot edit to turn this into watchable...I want all the terrible stuff in tact t to justify the last year.
:D

I dont think a few reshoots will poop miracles. Maybe if they start over with a better cast and decents scripts and more of the old cast and..... well.... no Fieg.

But as that wont happen I guess it'll be a quick watch through your fingers when it hits tv...... oh dear.

I'm going to test a theory and say you weren't around when Star Wars first came out. The reason I say that is if you WERE around at the time you would know that there was no such thing as a "typical space movie", primarily because there were hardly any space movies up till that time. So to say that it looked like a typical space movie is ridiculous. That is a comment made through modern eyes, where today it seems like every third movie that comes out is a space movie.

So yeah, I was born in 81. But at that time, there were some science fiction movies, most of which were pretty cheesy and the effects pretty bad and not a lot of people cared for. Just saying the original trailer didn't seem to help it out a whole lot....but I guess it did get peoples attentions enough. But I would think word of mouth is what made it what it is today.

Oh yeah, I had heard a while back that another Ghostbusters movie was going to get made, but with a male cast. But then I heard nothing after that. Anyone hear of that as well?

Oh yeah, I had heard a while back that another Ghostbusters movie was going to get made, but with a male cast. But then I heard nothing after that. Anyone hear of that as well?

It's off. Feig threw a fit when he heard of it, and everyone involved has moved on to other projects. Sony does still have a committee of sorts devoted to exploring potential franchise projects though, and an animated film is in pre-production (no official word on which GB universe it's going to be related to).

Well, its hard to know it that version with guys would have been good or not, so maybe its better they did stop it. Without Harold Ramis, its just not the same.

it's ironic how feig and pascal think the fans have the most hate in them, but I Think that honor falls on the people involved in this mess themselves ;o)..

personally, an all male version would have probably had the current fly by night stars. Dwayne the Rock Johnson as a ray type. Adam Sandler as the new Bill Murray type. Maybe Maybe Kevin James trying to buck stereo type as egon. Chris Rock as winston ;o).

Nobody casts a reboot with what's GOOD for the re boot anymore. just look at tmnt. only casting choice I agree with is Casey Jones.

...Maybe if they start over with a better cast and decents scripts and more of the old cast and...

My guess is if this movie flops, which by their panic it probably will, they will attempt to re-boot the series again. GB is just one of those movies you can't and shouldn't tinker with.

Well, its hard to know it that version with guys would have been good or not, so maybe its better they did stop it. Without Harold Ramis, its just not the same.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Egon, Peter, Ray and Winston in action, though I'd be fine with that in an approach similar to Real Ghostbusters. The only qualification I need from the project is that it take place in their continuity. GHOSTBUSTERS isn't GHOSTBUSTERS without that history in place. I'd be fine with Feig's team if they were picking up the mantle from the originals (whether or not he's able to make a funny movie from it would be another story, but I discount the reboot approach on principle).

it's ironic how feig and pascal think the fans have the most hate in them, but I Think that honor falls on the people involved in this mess themselves ;o)..

personally, an all male version would have probably had the current fly by night stars. Dwayne the Rock Johnson as a ray type. Adam Sandler as the new Bill Murray type. Maybe Maybe Kevin James trying to buck stereo type as egon. Chris Rock as winston ;o).

And another movie I'll stand in line not to see. ;)

I just watched Jumanji last night and was looking up stuff about it and see that there now making a reboot for that movie with Dwayne Johnson. Seriously, why don't we just go take a dump on Robin Williams grave....even if he was cremated. This stuff is just getting out of hand.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back