Doctor Strange

I kinda like it, but I'm not really pumped into making it, as I've got other projects to work on that lure me a lot more. The film itself however, is gaining my interest a bit more. Marvel's only disappointment to me has been GoTG and AoU, but those were still entertaining. I haven't seen Ant-Man yet.

Ughthat cloak. I count at least six different textures all in an identical dark red... how can I possibly find fabrics to match, much less dye them?!
It's gorgeous. I hate it. I will make one and conquer it...!
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I'll start it in the new year.

It looks good,and Benedict is following the same lines as Captain America i.e. one of those characters who if you follow the original comic too closely it's gonna be ridiculous looking.

Dr. Strange looks too much like Benedict Cumberbatch dressed up as Dr. Strange... :(

This is a fairly strange complaint?

Most actors still look like the actors they are when portraying a character..

Hell, even Mark Strong still looked like Mark Strong when playing Sinestro - and he was a mauve alien with a sevenhead.

Thanks for the picture update!
Well, it looks like the Eye of Agamotto "is" holding his cloak in place, but what a really weird way to do it. Must be one heavy piece of metal!
I get the loss of the high collar, the actor wanted to be able to see who was standing next to him, but they could have put tiny pointed peaks on it instead of rounded corners, and maybe raised the back just a bit? lol, oh well.
The rest of the color scheme still looks good & practical. Although Asian silk could have still worked, IMO. At least it isn't the new Marvel "all movie clothing must be leather/rubber: leather pants, leather shirt, leather dainties!".
Hopefully this has a great story to go with the cast: fingers crossed!

A whole ton of photos hit the net this morning since they're filming in NYC. Check a few details (i'm in love):

CfDO1KeXIAQk9ik.jpg051.jpg049.jpgbenedict-cumberbatch-films-doctor-strange-in-nyc-first-pics-02.jpg058.jpg

I never really liked Eijofor in anything I've seen him in - even in Serenity his performance seemed a little "forced" to me. But, as Baron Mordo, he just might be a good fit.

They also darkened his hair up from those first photos we saw a few months back, it looks like. Now it's nearly black, not that deep brown color. I love seeing the details on this costume (so I can lose my sanity trying to replicate it)!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back