PropShop announces TFA Props!

The best remain theory, then, would be that the armor - especially the helmet - was made of a much more heat resistant material than the human body. Therefore, when set afire, the biological parts were burned to ash, but the the stronger armor remained in a deformed form. I still stay dumb move on the Luke's part to leave the parts laying around after the fact. Shoulda gathered them up and stored them or dumbed them in a lava pit or something. Nothing should have remained.

I imagined he took them to his new temple and made a crypt or a shrine or something. Kylo would have taken it from there. Don't know for sure though. Maybe the more Jedi thing is to not give a damn about broken technological remains and just leave it behind.

I lurk frequently (don't post much) but wanted to weigh in--I also ordered a melted Vader. Too beautiful to resist and seemingly the most accurately spawned offering.

Man, my wife just gave me the greenlight on the Vader helmet. So hard to justify that kind of dough though. I'm torn. Maybe I'll wait until some reviews from members hit and hope they aren't sold out.

If any of these sell out, which I doubt very much, then we average collectors are in serious trouble money wise. It will mean other companies may follow suit and up their prices. It may not happen but I don't want to see the average collector like myself priced out of the hobby. I mean you have "high end" and then theres this company. I honestly don't see the appeal for any of these pieces for these prices.If they were producing 50 of each,maybe for exclusivety then yeah. But to each their own.

They have a section of Falcon cockpit wall in a frame coming up and I'm guessing it's going to be just as ridiculous.

Ben

If any of these sell out, which I doubt very much, then we average collectors are in serious trouble money wise. It will mean other companies may follow suit and up their prices. It may not happen but I don't want to see the average collector like myself priced out of the hobby. I mean you have "high end" and then theres this company. I honestly don't see the appeal for any of these pieces for these prices.If they were producing 50 of each,maybe for exclusivety then yeah. But to each their own.

They have a section of Falcon cockpit wall in a frame coming up and I'm guessing it's going to be just as ridiculous.

Ben

Prop Shop isn't replacing any of the mid-range existing prop replica licensees, though... we're just in a situation where the other companies are releasing their items at a trickle. If Prop Shop manages to sell a few or even several dozen of each item it's not going to destroy the market for more "affordable" toys. As long as that demand still exists in some form, companies will still fill it (eventually).

That's the question, though, isn't it? No one else is doing mid-range prop replicas with anything TFA or R1 ar the moment. The only 'licensee' that still remains of the 'mid range' is Efx and they had a decent amount of new items to show - none TFA or R1. It was all OT and PT.

It'd be nice if a mid-range licensee had TFA access and said so. If PS is it, most people's licensed days are over.

Well Anovos is mid-range on TFA but will they get R1 access as well is the question. Anovos announced TFA props before PropShop but now that PS has made their presence known will they control the prop replica license exclusively on R1?

Well Anovos is mid-range on TFA but will they get R1 access as well is the question. Anovos announced TFA props before PropShop but now that PS has made their presence known will they control the prop replica license exclusively on R1?

Given the very specific "market" which appeals to the wealthy, I think they would be less successful to make any R1 replica props exclusive to Prop Shop, that is again if they're gonna keep "selling" these replicas for a couple grand a piece for a helmet or what have you..

Anovos hasn't made any Star Wars weapons yet. As far as I know Propshop is the only licensed company making TFA weapons that are above the toy lines.

That's the question, though, isn't it? No one else is doing mid-range prop replicas with anything TFA or R1 ar the moment. The only 'licensee' that still remains of the 'mid range' is Efx and they had a decent amount of new items to show - none TFA or R1. It was all OT and PT.

It'd be nice if a mid-range licensee had TFA access and said so. If PS is it, most people's licensed days are over.

I saw an interview with anovos from a few days ago at SDCC (tested, i think), and I'm pretty sure they said they had plans for Rey's staff.

I spoke to the Anovos booth staff at SDCC. They definitely have desire to make weapons, specifically lightsabers. Didn't sound like a lock, but more of a plan once they get more consistent on delivering the other goods.

I certainly hope someone makes nice quality saber replicas at a more reasonable price than PropShop. I would like a Ren saber hilt, but the PropShop price is too high for me.

Anovos hasn't made any Star Wars weapons yet. As far as I know Propshop is the only licensed company making TFA weapons that are above the toy lines.
True, they've made four weapons (two sabers, a staff & a bowcaster). But whether PropShop (or any other licensed company) makes accurate looking blasters with Disney's stance on guns is yet to be seen. If no one is allowed to do licensed realistic blasters then R1(outside of Chirrut's staff) will be nothing but helmets and costumes. Anovos should be able to get the costume license. Will they also get the helmet license or will PropShop try to hold that exclusively?

Here's a few videos from the SDCC booth:

The booth is also shown very briefly in The Star Wars Show at 3:24:

This one isn't from SDCC, but I don't think anyone's posted in this thread, so:

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if ANOVOS could at least get a license to make boots for the costumes it currently sells or at least another company make them so the costumes are complete with licenses foot ware for the licensed ANOVOS costumes. It looks like the Prop Shop has TFA costumes for sale for 10000 pounds which includes the foot ware too. Not sure how this licensing works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be nice if ANOVOS could at least get a license to make boots for the costumes it currently sells or at least another company make them so the costumes are complete with licenses foot ware for the licensed ANOVOS costumes. It looks like the Prop Shop has TFA costumes for sale for 10000 pounds which includes the foot ware too. Not sure how this licensing works.

Which costumes are you seeking boots for? The majority have boots readily available from other sources. TK Boots, Imperial Boots, etc.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back