Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Project Updates 22 Feb 2016: Hoth A295 V1 and my blaster room

Stop having more DL 44 variations than me! Seriously... I can't catch a break between you, and Scott, and mattymatt, and now veektohr.... You're all killing me!

Lol all I have are a bunch of unconverted Denix C-ninety-sux and some gold plated MGCs that may or may not be dissolving at the platers as we speak. One day I'll be a contender... But for now I'm definitely just a well-intentioned bum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Project Updates 22 Feb 2016: Hoth A295 V1 and my blaster room

Great gun display , love the Blake 7 gun , why don't you post an image of your hooks in case someone else has seen them , you might catch a break

Project Updates 16 April - ANH DH17 upgrades, MPP, etc.

Finally got another Tonearm so I can finish upgrading my ANH DH17.

anhdh171_1.jpg

anhdh172_1.jpg

I was going to use the arm from the Tonearm but it was too difficult to bend so I used the rod from an MPP reflector dish which was almost perfect.
anhdh173.jpg

I put the rod into the bottom headshell socket as it seems to be lower on this one:
anhdh175.jpg

MPP rod.
anhdh174.jpg

I've also changed the scope rings over to this style although I have a feeling these were added later and not screen used.

anhdh176.jpg

I was lucky to acquire another MPP so I plan on converting this one to the Vader ANH V2 (black trapezoid side bars) to go along with my V1 (silver side bars and bent nail).
vaderanhv21.jpg

Not convinced this shroud is real. I was told it was real but it's a bad fit into the reflector dish (hence chipped paint).
vaderanhv22.jpg

And thanks to Markus and Scott I got the claw mounts off my Hensoldt scope and re-blued it. Also got a pair of threaded washers from Scott but still haven't had the courage to drill/cut such a fine real C96!
c962.jpg

c963.jpg

What else... oh yes, got my Boba Debt parts so still need to convert these MGCs... one day...
mgcesb2.jpg

Re: Project Updates 16 April - ANH DH17 upgrades, MPP, etc.

Indeed that looks like a replica MPP shroud to me too, I have the same as a spare ... still it's metal and will work fine as Vader's emitter shroud ... and you could always give it some wrinkle paint as Roy did with his previous run ... yet that's up to you. My vintage MPP will also most likely remain intact and serve me as an ANH V2 version :)

Chaim

I am so glad to see the DH17 getting some love and that people are finally building these with the right details. Well done!

I am so glad to see the DH17 getting some love and that people are finally building these with the right details. Well done!

I KNEW you´d love this build ;)

Well done Marcus, great to see more of them fully equipped with accurate greeblies :cool
Can you please explain the differences between the scope rings you chose NOT to use vs. the one on your finished blaster? I only see one version pictured here....maybe I missed something? thx

My ANH now has RotJ style rings like the ones on that screen used (Jason Joiner's?) that's missing the greeblies now.
Before I had the ESB/GK VD style - you know the style with one flat side that you cast in resin.

My ANH now has RotJ style rings like the ones on that screen used (Jason Joiner's?) that's missing the greeblies now.
Before I had the ESB/GK VD style - you know the style with one flat side that you cast in resin.

ah o.k.
But there are definately different incarnations of the ANH DH17, varying reg. scope rings, scope mount/ rail and side details...I just checked the few pictures I have.
Anyway....WELL DONE (as always) :cool

Forgot to mention I replaced the replica imperial disc on the DH17 with an original vintage one so it's all real parts now!

Re: Working on some more props: 6 Feb - Working on various things

Did you ever get the Biker Scout blaster done? I can't see it on your blaster display pics.

I did finish it. Its still in the loft with other Scout parts as I've been waiting on parts from Moncal forever! And not getting much luck with emails from him/Kathy.

Project Updates 25 April - MPP, Leia Rubies (there's a good reason), Nostromo blaster

Got some d-rings off ebay. Not impressed with the wrinkle paint and this is after three attempts.
vaderanhv23.jpg

vaderanhv24.jpg

vaderanhv25.jpg

I needed a lightweight Leia blaster for my lifesize display as my real Margolin and even resin ones were too heavy. Markus suggested a Rubies toy. Bingo!

Eliminating the seams.
leiaanh1.jpg

leiaanh2.jpg

leiaanh3.jpg

Working on a new barrel assembly. The coiled cable is temprary until I get the correct style.
leiaanh4.jpg

Posable silicone hands. They have a weak internal skeleton, hence the lightweight blaster requirement.
leiaanh5.jpg

leiaanh6.jpg

Also working on one of Morganthirteen's Nostromo blaster kits. Still at the 'obsessed with eliminating every last bubble and imperfection' stage...
Thanks to Markus/Sidewinder for the machined tip and decals.

Re: Project Updates 25 April - MPP, Leia Rubies (there's a good reason), Nostromo bla

Where are you people finding these MPPs? I swear I've seen a handful of posts lately of people getting one. i never see them listed on ebay or the like..

Re: Project Updates 25 April - MPP, Leia Rubies (there's a good reason), Nostromo bla

Where are you people finding these MPPs? I swear I've seen a handful of posts lately of people getting one. i never see them listed on ebay or the like..

Search completed listings on ebay. You'll see two recent listings with astronomical prices.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back