The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Looks great man, you can count me in on getting fabric!

I'm taking a liking to the burgundy pattern printed on black. Can we go smaller on the patterns as well? I feel it's a tad too large. (or at least the brick pattern is) Can we also try perhaps screening the brick "grout" in just clear on top of flat flat black spandex? I have a sample and that flat black spandex almost looks like a neoprene finish. I think that contrast of gloss clear "grout" on top of flat black gives it the illusion that there is color, but actually exaggerates the brick. (confusing? heh)

black base flash.jpg

Here's a sample of that spandex i mentioned earlier. it looks grey but its straight black:

compare.png

thoughts?

Fabric samples!!

I'm still working with InDisguise Designs to make some final decisions on ink color and fabric, but we should be ready to go to final print very soon. They're doing an AMAZING job, i'm SO excited get my costume made soon!

Please PM me (if you havent already) if you're interested in getting some fabric of your own, and i'll let everyone know when i get an interest thread up in the classifieds.

Been to my first con in my black suit this weekend! A few daredevil cosplayers but feel mine was the best all thanks to this thread and PcFish ! will post a pic when I work out how!

Stunning work! Congrats on getting these results.

Fabric samples!!

I'm still working with InDisguise Designs to make some final decisions on ink color and fabric, but we should be ready to go to final print very soon. They're doing an AMAZING job, i'm SO excited get my costume made soon!

Please PM me (if you havent already) if you're interested in getting some fabric of your own, and i'll let everyone know when i get an interest thread up in the classifieds.

Dammit, I keep looking out for old McDavid compression top stock but it's impossible to find. Might have to go with the "M" pattern, I suppose the arm pads cover the forearm area at least. I was half hoping they'd bow to the demand for the hex pattern and re-release it!

So very late to the party but has anyone come across a good replacement for the G-star pants for the "man without fear" outfit? I can't find them cheap or heck even find them I'm not entirely sure that even my google searches are turning up the right pants!

but if anyone made that outfit but used different pants has some tips or know a good alternative for them? Thanks!

or also if willing to part with theirs that would be awesome too! I'm a 29-30 waist!

I am currently working on patterning out my season 2 suit. The vest and jacket look to be largely unchanged from season 1. The pants are dramatically different, however. I think I have it pretty much nailed down, with the exception of the back of the calves. Does anybody have a clear reference picture?

how do you think I could make a Daredevil Billy club from season 2 out of a paper towel roll. I am thinking fiberglass, but not sure of how to get the actual design. Can anyone help me? The roll is 22 1/2 inches how does that compare to the actual thing?

how do you think I could make a Daredevil Billy club from season 2 out of a paper towel roll. I am thinking fiberglass, but not sure of how to get the actual design. Can anyone help me? The roll is 22 1/2 inches how does that compare to the actual thing?

Some people may blast your comment but I would like to redirect your ambition in prop reproduction. Not trying to offend you but I'm guessing this may be something kind of new for you. If not I apologize. But for something like this probably the easiest way would be using pvc pipe or a wooden dowel.

Many times I will wander the hardware store just looking around getting different ideas how to make something. Many times I will start off with one idea and finish a project with my fourth or fifth idea. I do spend money on trial and error but that's how you learn. Then take what you learn for the next endeavor.

If you are on a budget id say get a plastic or wooden dowel then go online an order a knurled cricket bat sleeve and slip it over. Gives you the correct texture at a fraction of the cost :)

Sent From The Batcave

Fabric samples!!

I'll let everyone know when i get an interest thread up in the classifieds.

Daredevil Fabric thread is now live in the Project Run forum!

If you are just starting out with prop building, a wooden dowel and some red and silver spray paint will get you half way there honestly. Paint on some black lines for the grooves and it would fairly passable form a distance and could be built in a day and a single trip to the hardware store.

Paint the whole thing silver, let it dry overnight, put painter's tape or even scotch tape and paper over the areas that you want to stay silver and spray the exposed areas with red. Let that dry. Do some quick simple detailing with a sharpie for the lines in the silver area. Spin the wooden dowel while holding the sharpie stil and you'll get a clean smooth line. Practice with a pencil first to get the placement and technique down.

You could even use PVC pipe and connectors from the hardware store and make it so that it possible to disconnect and reconnect the two halves of the billy club easily. It won't be as "Accurate" visually but would be more fun to play with.

If any of you have access to a 3D printer, I made a 3D model of the billy clubs a while back. You can download them for free from the Thingiverse here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:853702

I should have a newer version available sometime in the next few weeks, once I get around to updating the model.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back