The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

^ I live in California!
sadly I had some suggestions for you had you been UK based! IMO you can get away with a lot in this cosplay, you don't really need the mcdavid hex forearm and elbow guards, you can go for the episode 2 hand ropes instead (not what I've gone for but I plan to get some at some point to switch to) I'm not sure what shipping would be to California but I got some pants I'm quite happy with (maybe not screen accurate) and an almost screen accurate belt from a store called Matalan here, they have the pants on their website and even though they're not skinny, they're lightweight and he tucks the pants into his boots on the show so they look pretty good. For the mask I used PcFish's leggings method, not finished yet but is coming together very nicely and looks very screen accurate.

sadly I had some suggestions for you had you been UK based! IMO you can get away with a lot in this cosplay, you don't really need the mcdavid hex forearm and elbow guards, you can go for the episode 2 hand ropes instead (not what I've gone for but I plan to get some at some point to switch to) I'm not sure what shipping would be to California but I got some pants I'm quite happy with (maybe not screen accurate) and an almost screen accurate belt from a store called Matalan here, they have the pants on their website and even though they're not skinny, they're lightweight and he tucks the pants into his boots on the show so they look pretty good. For the mask I used PcFish's leggings method, not finished yet but is coming together very nicely and looks very screen accurate.

Ah darn! Well thanks for looking out mate!

texture.jpg apologies for bad quality i shrunk it to avoid someone stealing the texture hopefully wont be too long before we can all have accurate fabric for our red suits. I have based this on the season 2 texture which differs slightly from season one (No bricks)

What kind of material would you be printing on? Some sort of stretch material like lycra or spandex?

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of material would you be printing on? Some sort of stretch material like lycra or spandex?
ordering samples after my trip atm it looks likely to be a lycra blend with another fabric (which unfortunatly i can't share) finishing off the pattern before i go away and once i make my samples i will be starting a build thread to get some interest and opinions on it

ordering samples after my trip atm it looks likely to be a lycra blend with another fabric (which unfortunatly i can't share) finishing off the pattern before i go away and once i make my samples i will be starting a build thread to get some interest and opinions on it

Sweet, thanks for the update.

View attachment 615938 daredevil fabric is coming

Just wanted to share this close-up screenshot i got from the show. It seems like it's actually a basket weave pattern print, but the printing process isnt perfect. So instead of this:

— | — | — | — |
| — | — | — | —
— | — | — | — |
| — | — | — | —

Some of the horizontal and vertical blocks sort of blob together. So you get that kind of "T" that you have in your pattern. I'm sure its very difficult to print a perfectly consistent pattern at such a tiny scale, but in the photo you can clearly see separate horizontal bars and vertical bars, as well as a few of those "T" shapes mixed in.

Just FYI, in case you want to adjust your design. :)

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 9.30.28 AM.png

Just wanted to share this close-up screenshot i got from the show. It seems like it's actually a basket weave pattern print, but the printing process isnt perfect. So instead of this:

— | — | — | — |
| — | — | — | —
— | — | — | — |
| — | — | — | —

Some of the horizontal and vertical blocks sort of blob together. So you get that kind of "T" that you have in your pattern. I'm sure its very difficult to print a perfectly consistent pattern at such a tiny scale, but in the photo you can clearly see separate horizontal bars and vertical bars, as well as a few of those "T" shapes mixed in.

Just FYI, in case you want to adjust your design. :)

View attachment 618669

There are a few but more follow the t shape I can't say how but I've been able to look at a real used part. The shape is a curved T but where certain Parts touch more then others it's complicated thanks though :)

It actually doesn't appear to be accidental or arbitrary - in that pic it looks like two columns of T's, two columns of separate dashes, over and over.

I did the pattern in illustrator. I'm trying to get the fabric silicone printed myself, but so far i've only been able to find places that screen print tees, and thus could only print the size of their tee screens, rather than yards of fabric. If anyone knows anybody, let me know!

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 11.35.53 PM.png

I did the pattern in illustrator. I'm trying to get the fabric silicone printed myself, but so far i've only been able to find places that screen print tees, and thus could only print the size of their tee screens, rather than yards of fabric. If anyone knows anybody, let me know!

View attachment 619095

I have the company I'm using but it's not cheap as minimum of 13 yards to print

modifying my pattern now i may have found a way to screen print at home with decent results but going to incorporate both the ts and dashes

modifying my pattern now i may have found a way to screen print at home with decent results but going to incorporate both the ts and dashesDAREDEVIL WATERMARK.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back