TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

Indeed ... however they have the proper width too ... and since Roy did not send out an invoice to the props department ... and GINO is being awfully quiet . . . there are several options ... 1) the real stuff is used or castings of as in the OT , 2) these are GINO's T-tracks ... or 3) perhaps it's T-track from saberfreak, since we do know that Roger received a whole role of the saberfreak's T-tracks quite some time ago as he revealed in an interview online and since he's back 'in the picture' with his new book coming out, it's quite possible that whoever is in charge of weapons and lightsaber props for VII could have contacted him for any assistance in regards to T-tracks :wacko

Chaim

Do you know what length they might be?

Time to start scaling and figuring out what size rivets...

Time to start scaling and figuring out what size rivets...

Well, they seem to be the same size Roy uses on the Kobold clip D-Ring, since they are touching or almost touching both ends of the cut made on the grip, I have ones purchased from Wannawanga and placed them against my lightsaber with Hex screws to compare size, but i'm at work right now, will check again when i'm back home.

I'm late to the party! I took some photos of the displays on Force Friday, but I guess there's no point posting them now. There's no question it's a bladed stunt version in the photos. As you guys have pointed out, there appears to be some sort of electronic things in the base of the hilt. I don't think anyone has mentioned how shallow the charge/flash sync cable sockets look at the emitter. This would be to accommodate a blade I'm sure. I'm going with the assumption this is a lit blade to cast light on the actors.

I'm with you. JJ made a big point in the panel at comicon about physical lighting and shadows of real things and how when there's too much cg it doesn't have the right effect

Well, they seem to be the same size Roy uses on the Kobold clip D-Ring, since they are touching or almost touching both ends of the cut made on the grip, I have ones purchased from Wannawanga and placed them against my lightsaber with Hex screws to compare size, but i'm at work right now, will check again when i'm back home.

heh... Roy's rivits are pretty large. and the shafts are real thick, those rivit shafts look tiny... when I get home I'm going to check as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I took measurements and the rivets are 7.5mm aprox, the space on the grips I have which I have no idea who made them since I purchased the saber converted, is 9.5mm, that's 1mm space on top and bottom but it is still not close to what's in the picture, the sides seem fine but on top and bottom there is still a noticeable gap, I'm guessing the cut on the grips is less than 9.5 mm as can be noticed in the fourth image since the Hex Screws also seem to fill the space between, even though it's a different type of grip.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=525124&d=1441560688

Last edited:

Just to remind you . . . saberfreak's T-tracks were originally brown and had a slight yet distinguishable lift on one of the sides of the profile . . . and are about 11.5 mm wide ... GINO's T-tracks are black and are all flat and are about 13 mm wide ...

Both GINO's and Roy's have a so-called glue channel whereas saberfreaks does not . . . so to determine if any of the fanmade or found T-tracks were used ... we'd need a 3 cell bottom shot to see the side of those T-tracks more clearly :)

Chaim

Well I took measurements and the rivets are 7.5mm aprox, the space on the grips I have which I have no idea who made them since I purchased the saber converted, is 9.5mm, that's 1mm space on top and bottom but it is still not close to what's in the picture, the sides seem fine but on top and bottom there is still a noticeable gap, I'm guessing the cut on the grips is less than 9.5 mm as can be noticed in the fourth image since the Hex Screws also seem to fill the space between, even though it's a different type of grip.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/raul_winchester/DSC_1122.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/raul_winchester/DSC_1124.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/raul_winchester/DSC_1125.jpg

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=525124&d=1441560688

What is the source of the grips seen in these shots?

Thanks
Dan

What is the source of the grips seen in these shots?

Thanks
Dan

I have nooo idea, they are 13mm wide, very stiff and made of rubber, not as floppy as Blast-Tech, the middle grooves are textured as to prevent slipping, very symmetrical and perfectly rounded at the bottom too, for me they are the perfect grips, like it came from a MR version; when I purchased the ESB conversion I asked the seller about the grips, he said he bought it from another guy who made sabers some time ago and no longer does, but they are not in anyway simillar to the ones described by Sym-Cha.

That is what i was referring to as what you were seeing as a cable, the buckles. And it actually is not in every picture, the one Agent RayBans posted seems to be the Hero, I see golden Trace Circuit Board and SILVER Rivets, against the black Hex Head Screws from the Store Promo. Found a Higher Quality Pic. So it seems they went with the MR ESB version with those Rivets.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/raul_winchester/Untitled.png

They don't really look like any of the above grips to me... they look really tall and thin.

Maybe because the base isn't as wide?

Could they be the slightly inaccurate, but actual t-track by Marv? ( I believe it was Marv who had them... Is Marv his name? Man, I'm tired and out of it today, heh)

I have nooo idea, they are 13mm wide, very stiff and made of rubber, not as floppy as Blast-Tech, the middle grooves are textured as to prevent slipping, very symmetrical and perfectly rounded at the bottom too, for me they are the perfect grips, like it came from a MR version; when I purchased the ESB conversion I asked the seller about the grips, he said he bought it from another guy who made sabers some time ago and no longer does, but they are not in anyway simillar to the ones described by Sym-Cha.

You know what. I bet they're EDC studios grips.

No way. These new T-tracks are taller than all of the ones mentioned.

I just saw the close up pic of Finns pocket...

These are all new. Close in width to the original. But unless my eyes are playing tricks, the "fins" that stick out are taller and/or skinnier...

I have like 4 sets of "close to" t-track... Those aren't Saberfreak or Gino.

Those T-tracks are very similar to GINO's ... I wonder . . . :wacko

Chaim

I was going to post a comparison picture however, alas I don't have a
G R A F L E X ESB style lightsaber ready to provide with some available
T-tracks attached :wacko

Chaim

nice edit chaim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ... yes I like to watch most details in black and white thusly not being distracted by all those bright colours :)

Chaim

No way. These new T-tracks are taller than all of the ones mentioned.

I just saw the close up pic of Finns pocket...

These are all new. Close in width to the original. But unless my eyes are playing tricks, the "fins" that stick out are taller and/or skinnier...

I have like 4 sets of "close to" t-track... Those aren't Saberfreak or Gino.

I agree. You can tell that those fins are very tall and hardly tapered, unlike the OT T-tracks (and mine)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back