Who eles can play Iron man/Tony Stark?

I think at this point it would be like recasting Han Solo or Capt. Picard. He was perfect so it would be almost impossible to find someone to play it better.

Well said. :thumbsup

Don Cheedle doesn't have the presence nor the same chemistry with RDJ that Terrence Howard did.
He still seems awkward as if he doesn't even want to be in a superhero movie.
Don's performance is really devoid of nuance and his comic timing is non-existant. I know he has talent but I get no joy from watching him in an Iron Man movie.

there. I said it.

Couldn't agree more. Terrence Howard was perfect as Rhodey and for some reason Cheadle, who is a great actor, feels completely out of place in the role. Too bad Howard asked for RDJ money and basically got himself removed from the franchise because he was clearly the better fit for the role.

Couldn't agree more. Terrence Howard was perfect as Rhodey and for some reason Cheadle, who is a great actor, feels completely out of place in the role. Too bad Howard asked for RDJ money and basically got himself removed from the franchise because he was clearly the better fit for the role.
Well I can understand about Howard's decision. Let us not forget that RDJ was still trying to get his career running again before Iron Man. Terrence Howard was actually paid more than he was.
For the second film RDJ, now an overnight star again, was offered the big check. Howard would have had to take a 50% cut to be in it. In Hollywood where image is everything I can see how accepting a 50% cut might jeopardize his agent's ability to negotiate for other roles. I'm a little more forgiving since I read that. It's really unfortunate, though.

i'll do it............,i can't act,have no idea how Hollywood really works,i look nothing like RDJ...but i could do with the money,and the cars and then i could steal props and stuff

If they change Tony Stark's actor they might as well cast Justin Beiber, cause I wouldn'twatch it anyway. I hate it when they change actors.

If they change Tony Stark's actor they might as well cast Justin Beiber, cause I wouldn'twatch it anyway. I hate it when they change actors.
They can always reboot it as a TV series with young Tony Stark in high school. Of course, attending the same high school will be a young Bruce Banner and a foreign exchange student named Natasha. His favorite teacher is named Jarvis. Heck, might as well put Pepper Potts in the school, too.

... nah. That's a crappy idea. Forget I said it.

BAZINGA!

Seriously, Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man all have been recast within the last ten years, so will Iron Man if RDJ is no longer game. Too much $ to be made.

He was a little too over the top for me in IM2 so I'm definitely glad he didn't get the role over RDJ.

Oh he was definitely over the top in Iron Man 2. But he's a phenomenal actor, I think given the opportunity he would've been able to pull it off (his performance in Moon was just fantastic). However, I do think it probably wouldn't have given the MCU franchise the kick start that it needed since RDJ just owned the role.

Brent M said:
He was a little too over the top for me in IM2 so I'm definitely glad he didn't get the role over RDJ.

Oh he was definitely over the top in Iron Man 2. But he's a phenomenal actor, I think given the opportunity he would've been able to pull it off (his performance in Moon was just fantastic). However, I do think it probably wouldn't have given the MCU franchise the kick start that it needed since RDJ just owned the role.

Agreed. He was over the top on purpose--that was the character, not the actor. Big thumbs up for Moon, but also see him in Seven Psychopaths and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. The latter film is meh, but his performance is fab. Anyone who remembers Chuck Barris on the Gong Show (yikes!) will be knocked out by his dead-on impersonation.

Charlie Sheen.

Maybe if they were doing the "Tony Stark is a raging alcoholic, no longer in control of Stark Industries, and homeless" story...

Actually, don't forget, RDJ did the whole former Brat Packer tries to bury himself under Mt Cocaine long before Charlie Sheen. Got into a good bit of trouble over it too.

Gotta give him real credit though, he came back stronger than ever from it.

Ed Quinn would actually do really well I think. He's a bit too tall though. I think he has a couple inches on the tallest guy there. Yup, just checked. I know they can work around that but just something else they'd have to do.

His character in Eureka would be a good place to start, just add in a little bit of RDJ style and I think he could pull it off for sure.

Robert is playing the character of Tony flawlessly, I don't want his replacement until two or three movies but once he get retired then Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, or even a Channing Tatum are strong contenders for the title of Iron Man!

Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 3.09.04 AM.png

my chance to toot my own horn a little.... no biggy.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back