New McFly jean jacket replica!

Cool. Be interested to see the vest. Were any changes made to it? Or is it the same a the first run of vests do you know?

They made it so much better than their last vest.
94625224.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What size vest and jacket did you get?

Medium for both. I would prefer smalls, but they didn't have the jacket in that size

Great! I plan on ordering a Medium for both as well so I'm very interested how to see how they look together.

Also we have to keep in mind that taking pictures of the vest can be tricky because of lighting. If you look up pictures of Marty in the vest sometimes it looks more of a red and sometimes it looks more of an orange.

Great! I plan on ordering a Medium for both as well so I'm very interested how to see how they look together.

Also we have to keep in mind that taking pictures of the vest can be tricky because of lighting. If you look up pictures of Marty in the vest sometimes it looks more of a red and sometimes it looks more of an orange.

Yes this is true. Same for the jacket with colors and lighting. Cameras from the 80s made it difficult to determine the actual color of the denim. Headgoonie did a fantastic job with the shape and design of the jacket, but made slightly off color choices. The biggest thing is that they kept the inside the dark blue that the jacket was before fading it. Not that big of a deal, but worth noting. Fingers crossed for my experiments

Last edited:
Have you checked out your set yet?

Yes this is true. Same for the jacket with colors and lighting. Cameras from the 80s made it difficult to determine the actual color of the denim. Headgoonie did a fantastic job with the shape and design of the jacket, but made slightly off color choices. The biggest thing is that they kept the inside the dark blue that the jacket was before fading it. Not that big of a deal, but worth noting. Fingers crossed for my experiments

Putting it on I noticed that the triangle shoulder pieces are too long. So if the fast fade works then i will have the tailor make them shorter and fade the denim that used to be under the triangles.

This is artificial lighting. My phone makes it seem bright but it is burnt orange in real life. You can see what I was talking about with the length of the triangle's.
I don't usually use words like "dope," but THIS, my friend is DOPE. I do see what people have been saying about the elastic waist, though, and I'm waiting for someone to get a handle on it.

It does seem bright in your photo but like I said I'm sure lighting has a lot do with it especially for the vest! This is a picture they sent me of the vest I'll most likely be ordering next week;

Is this closer to what it looks like in person?

This is artificial lighting. My phone makes it seem bright but it is burnt orange in real life. You can see what I was talking about with the length of the triangle's.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=96c1302efacf8820e93ba9532394d62a&oe=5733FCFB
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8abccee1447e1f32160457b87a4e6d9a&oe=5727B417

Last edited:
That Headgoonie jacket looks great in your photos MitasTouch! We need a review!

I'd be happy to. I will get on that tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

It does seem bright in your photo but like I said I'm sure lighting has a lot do with it especially for the vest! This is a picture they sent me of a vest I'll most likely be ordering next week;

Is this closer to what it looks like in person?
[url]http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/albertr213/063561E6-5B08-45E6-94D9-AFA7AE090DE8_zpsi8montbg.jpg[/URL]

Yes that is what it looks like in real life. It is one of my favorite pieces in my whole collection.

Glad you like it that much! Makes me confident in ordering one for myself.

How comfortable are both the jacket and the vest? How does the Medium fit you?

The jacket feels like any other jacket made of denim. The vest is soft and warm once you put it on over the vest. MJF must have gotten hot a lot during the filming having 4 layers on lol. The length is a little longer than I wanted, but should be a little better once I remove the bottom section of the waist. The arms once I rolled the cuffs fit perfectly though.

Last edited:
Color comparison of how the jacket comes and the correct color of blue. The is just a scrap of denim I folded up.
12645059_10206014239303103_3444566430619104743_n.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back