The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

Tonight's episode was pretty good. It's a breath of fresh air to see how the group reacts to a place where humanity still exists, and the butting of heads for it happening.

And I just realized something: Carol's "I miss that stupid man every day", being "the den mother" and "time to cook the casserole" with the Ms. Rogers change of clothes is a false front! She's making herself look weak so that when the other shoe drops, so that people can misread her and she can get the upper hand. It's a façade for a tactical advantage.

Last edited:
Good episode tonight, one of my favorite's in a long time! I wonder where they're going to go with Darryl's character, he doesn't seem like he even wants to be a part of their society. Hopefully a hair cut is in order X )

Last edited:
Well, it's official. Carl is completely out of his gourd. That boy just ain't right.

Even with the ready availability of video games, HE STILL CANNOT STAY IN THE HOUSE!!!

What are you talking about? If he hadn't gone over the wall following that woman, there's a good chance his father would have died outside that trailer.

What are you talking about? If he hadn't gone over the wall following that woman, there's a good chance his father would have died outside that trailer.

Think back to Herschel's farm. Remember that Rick and Lori always told Carl to either get in the house or stay in the house. Inevitably, Carl was never in the house.

Think back to Herschel's farm. Remember that Rick and Lori always told Carl to either get in the house or stay in the house. Inevitably, Carl was never in the house.

I get that (Hell, I made a meme about that, but it happening with Carl and Rick with Judith). I'm talking about how him not staying in the house this time ended up saving his father's life in this episode.

Great episode. Another reference to the Wolves in this episode as well. Who are they?????

I don't trust this place for some reason. Hmm, four episodes left.

Tonight's episode was pretty good. It's a breath of fresh air to see how the group reacts to a place where humanity still exists, and the butting of heads for it happening.

And I just realized something: Carol's "I miss that stupid man every day", being "the den mother" and "time to cook the casserole" with the Ms. Rogers change of clothes is a false front! She's making herself look weak so that when the other shoe drops, so that people can misread her and she can get the upper hand. It's a façade for a tactical advantage.
^EXACTLY.^ She's brilliant. She was all: "Tee-hee, I can't really do much, I was just lucky to find these people who would take care of me", when just a few months ago she went full Rambo-Chuck-Norris-Seal-Team-Six on the Termites, & saved the whole group.

I read an article today that Rick shaving his beard was the same thing - he's going undercover just like Carol, playing the clean-cut constable.

I think Emo girl got the gun in the blender. Since Carl came out right there looking for her, she could easily have seen Darryl stash it.

Didn't seem much of a community, less people than Rick's group :lol

Guessing there's something weird about haircut girl's husband. It all felt a bit off, like those nuclear test towns, or the picket fence town illusion in Martian Chronicles. Good closing line from Rick.

I loved Daryl hauling the dead possum around. :lol My dad said he thought they were taping the interviews so the town can find who has skills they need and then the will exile the others somehow. I said if that was true they don't understand how dangerous the group is because it wouldn't end well.

That was the best episode this season. Really top notch. Reminded me of the good old days of seasons 1-3. I hope this show is getting on track and staying on track, because right now I'm actually excited about it for the first time in ages.

LOVED Carol's BS for the camera btw.

Deanna told Rick she would have been a professional poker player and she could read people. Is that why she's recording everyone? To study their "tells"?

Loved the episode, like Rick being the "villainous" one at this point, though I'm sure it's all talk and no action on that part. Looking forward to see if Negan shows up for the finale.

Good couple of episodes. I can't shake the feeling that Aaron was sent out specifically to find capable fighters and that Rick and co. are being manipulated into fighting some kind of battle for them.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back