The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

After last week's bland "two people talk about how hard it is. Cut to two people talking about how hard it is. Cut to...two people talking..." It was nice to see some genuine tension this week (and some actual concern over survival--we need more Bear Grylls crap in the apocalypse). I really liked this episode. I hope they really dig into this community and stay awhile, unlike Terminus which built all season and then was just over (they should have been dealing with survivors and stragglers longer, imo. Terminus was cool and they threw it away too fast).

I keep saying it: this show needs an antagonist. Shane, the Governor. Just walking around bitching is not enough. They gave us an antagonist at the hospital and Terminus, but both were kind of wasted, imo. Still, bring on a bad guy!

Anyway, I've ripped on this show a lot the last two seasons, so credit where it's due: I really enjoyed this episode. I like the new guy a lot too. He reminds me of Topher Grace, and that's always good :D The final scene was perfect. Now if this community has scissors and shampoo so Rick and Darryl can degrease their flowing locks, I'll be over the moon :lol

I keep saying it: this show needs an antagonist. Shane, the Governor. Just walking around bitching is not enough. They gave us an antagonist at the hospital and Terminus, but both were kind of wasted, imo. Still, bring on a bad guy!

Be careful what you wish for... ;) (Which is to say, you should be getting your wish before the season's done, I suspect.)

^ I agree. Not bad at all. It would be cool to end this series eventually ala Firefly, on the big screen. I would love to see a four hour send off big budget style. The comics are kinda wearing on me now. I think it should have ended a while ago.

Be careful what you wish for... ;) (Which is to say, you should be getting your wish before the season's done, I suspect.)

Maybe the reason why we haven't had a bad guy yet is because they're saving up for a big one that's to come? Not to mention, if we had a bad guy for every situation the group got into, then people would complain about how there's too many bad guys (much like how people complain about Walkers force the characters to run when the story calls for them to, and how each promise of hope presented in the show has ended up being dead ends). By having a bad guy once in a while is better because it doesn't become stale.

Also, Shane wasn't a bad guy. He was an antagonist working against the group's survival. The Governor and the Termites were bad guys. Dawn at the hospital, I think she was a chaotic neutral, not a bad person, but definitely not a good one (by allowing her fellow officers rape the women they brought in. Honestly, I could have seen her joining the group and being the counter-balance to Rick).

Last edited:
Relavant bit at 4:20 ( :lol )
I couldn't figure out how to get the vid to start at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back