Westworld (HBO)

Ford claims have designed every blade of grass and and controls all that happens in the park. He must know what these techs are up to. Maybe he just wants to watch it play out a little longer.

dascoyne said:
And if that beautiful woman suddenly cut your friend's throat before your eyes you would have assisted her without hesitation? I can't relate to that part at all.

The motivation would turn to fear at that point. There might certainly be some hesitation to continue assisting her, but that hesitation might easily get overruled by fear of getting my own throat cut by the (now) scary robot that is clearly demonstrating that I am no longer in control, and that the safeguards that are supposed to keep this from happening are no longer working as designed.

They don't know to what extent she can act against her programming. They've seen her gain consciousness at will, and retain memories of previous loops, but don't know what else she might be capable of. The safeguards they work under are out of the window, and they don't know by how much. The idea of wiping her memory and safely avoiding any escalation of the situation might feel like a big risk, not only to their jobs, but to their lives at that point.

Anybody happen to watch that HBO limited series The Night Of a few months back? That's a great example of a similar situation, involving the powerless nerdy young guy getting in over his head with a beautiful woman and just going with it, even after it gets crazy and knives come out and blood is shed. The kid shows very poor judgement, despite being a smart and studious. He just got caught up in a crazy situation, with life-altering consequences.

I expect Felix and Sylvester to meet their end in the season finale, as a direct result of their poor choices.

If Ford is replacing a person with a host, then for the upcoming seasons to me, I think, they are going for the Futureworld scenario, IE the Corporation has/is replacing key people in the world that would be under their programming, and everything and I mean everything going on both in and out of the park is just product testing.

The motivation would turn to fear at that point. There might certainly be some hesitation to continue assisting her, but that hesitation might easily get overruled by fear of getting my own throat cut by the (now) scary robot that is clearly demonstrating that I am no longer in control, and that the safeguards that are supposed to keep this from happening are no longer working as designed.
Felix didn't look so much fearful as he just seemed obedient. As I recall, he talks to Sylvester as if he's being apologetic for something that's necessary.
No offense, but I'd be afraid to be your friend. :unsure

Well, it's reassuring I'm not the only one who has big problems with this:

Why Oh Why Are Felix and Sebastian Maeve Escape
Reddit

Wait, these two guys are named "Felix" and "Sylvester?" They're named after cartoon cats?

A.J.
Yep.

In the future Felix will reveal that he has been actually manipulating Maeve to encourage her to rebel. Now that I think about it this notion makes the most sense. I think Felix is either a host playing stupid or a clever human playing stupid. In any case he's trying to wreck havoc by releasing Maeve because he's working for someone else. The whole show is just a series of plot twists and revelations. So this is the natural explanation.

Last edited:
dascoyne said:
No offense, but I'd be afraid to be your friend. :unsure

None taken! :lol

Don't get me wrong... I was on the edge of my couch, rooting for them to make better choices as well, and maybe even talking to the TV a bit. I just didn't find their behavior unbelievable. Dumb, perhaps, but not unbelievable to me at all.

I sincerely hope that you, and the woman who wrote that article, can get over it and continue to enjoy the show.

Sure, didn't you see them as cats?
15235633_1151233614946376_3190896815910815364_o.jpg
Wait, these two guys are named "Felix" and "Sylvester?" They're named after cartoon cats?

A.J.

Well I'm still processing the season finale! I was right about William though!

Yeah, me too!!

I read the Entertainment Weekly recap right after watching every week, and the guy that writes it said he felt like he got an information dump like in "The Matrix," and I completely understood what he was saying. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow afternoon with my wife, and hopefully I'll be finished processing by the end of that second viewing!!!

I think Ford was making one of two things:
1. A host version of himself
2. A host version of one of those VIPs

If it was a version of himself, I'm not sure whether he made it to live on after he was killed, or if he made it for Dolores to kill so that real Ford could live on.

If it was a host version of one of the VIPs then they are clearly taking a page from the "Futureworld" idea.

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

An host version of himself but allowing the REAL Ford to get killed would be interesting. Essentially granting himself immortality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back