Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Can we all at least agree to have our petty online dispute about only either gender or race? It gets confusing when we try to do both at the same time. LOL.

This looks so good! I'm glad they got Genevieve O'Reilly back as Mon Mothma because she looks dead on in those scenes! I'm kind of surprised they didn't do something with Bail Organa in this. Jimmy Smits did the Force Unleashed game, so I'd think he'd do a movie again. It would be nice to see more or Alderaan before it gets blown up.

The "samurai" scene fits in okay. There are martial arts in the SW universe. That's how the Jedi learn to fight (of course that might not be canon anymore). As long as they are just using some samurai influence and don't call them samurai I think it would be okay.

Well when you show up looking like you stepped off the set of Shogun it pretty much jerks you right out of Star Wars... Don't blame me... blame Disney.

I think you need to watch that scene in the trailer a little more closely and then 'google' Shogun and get back to reality.

Hyped for this. Looking forward to seeing Vader mowing down rebels on the big screen, one more time.

I totally forgot about that. We can have Darth running around being.....Darth Vader! While we are at it, why not recast Wedge, he didnt get enough screen time in ANH.

If you have a problem with this movie having a female lead, remember how this is all going to boil down. It's the men who will do all the important stuff in the end. Luke, Han and Chewie get a whole celebration dedicated to them complete with medals and applause. Jyn Erso is neither seen nor mentioned. So if you think men aren't getting enough attention, remember that the franchise has already designated her as someone not worth remembering. And that's saying something when unnamed Bothan spies can get a shout out but not Jyn.

This looks so good! I'm glad they got Genevieve O'Reilly back as Mon Mothma because she looks dead on in those scenes! I'm kind of surprised they didn't do something with Bail Organa in this. Jimmy Smits did the Force Unleashed game, so I'd think he'd do a movie again. It would be nice to see more or Alderaan before it gets blown up.

The "samurai" scene fits in okay. There are martial arts in the SW universe. That's how the Jedi learn to fight (of course that might not be canon anymore). As long as they are just using some samurai influence and don't call them samurai I think it would be okay.

found on my twitter feed a few people saying 'samurai guy'. so it's not just here....

I'm trying to remember where a live action mon mothma came in before other than a breif shot of episode 2(3?). I'm probably thinking of Clone Wars where she actually had a speaking role...is that the same lady in all three?

the original is still around in the archives ;o)

Its actually on display in Seattle, but ILM or Lucas film doesn't own it. Have you read the story on what happened to the model? Its quite an interesting story.
And how it was left outside for some time and therefore a lot of the detail is gone. Theres not a whole lot of great pics of the model back then either, which is why I guess i love that they did do such good research. To many movies today would have made it only good enough, but still not accurate.

Its actually on display in Seattle, but ILM or Lucas film doesn't own it. Have you read the story on what happened to the model? Its quite an interesting story.
And how it was left outside for some time and therefore a lot of the detail is gone. Theres not a whole lot of great pics of the model back then either, which is why I guess i love that they did do such good research. To many movies today would have made it only good enough, but still not accurate.

hmm, I never heard that before.

or I could be thinking of the death star two.....I know I saw one of them in the documentary.

my mind is so scrambled these days it's easily getting things mixed up.

The bothans quote is for the 2nd Death Star.

The Bothan spies died getting the 2nd Death Star plans.

Thanks... I know. That's why I said "guess not though". It was a little confusing since Mon Mothma was in RotJ, not in ANH.
I kind of figured since the DS shown in this teaser looks finished compared to the unfinished on in RotJ.

"You're all clear, kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home!". The Wook
Gad. I just realized how filthy that sounds.

LOL

View attachment 612453

Just because you don't see Mothma in actual ANH doesn't mean she wasn't a founder of The Alliance.

Thanks... I know. That's why I said "guess not though". It was a little confusing since Mon Mothma was in RotJ, not in ANH.
I kind of figured since the DS shown in this teaser looks finished compared to the unfinished on in RotJ.

LOL

View attachment 612453

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think they looked CGI in TFA, but whatever. Anyone can have their own opinion, of course.

Exactly. We agree.

So I just rewatched the Rogue One trailer for maybe the 20th time, and I love that closeup of the Star Destroyer. One of my main complaints about the CG spaceships in TFA is they looked like CG, but for whatever reason, this SD totally looks like a model. I think it's the subtle diffusion effect.

In the words of a very wise man, "dis gon be good."

View attachment 612419

So judging by that last shot she is either impersonating an Imperial guard/officer in order to infiltrate the Death Star or ...

... she breaks from the team, joins the Empire and ultimately becomes Phasma.

uyfxrhxgq1dupxb1ntp3.png

So wait, referring to the above as a "samurai" is considered offensive?

Genuinely curious...

So judging by that last shot she is either impersonating an Imperial guard/officer in order to infiltrate the Death Star or ...

... she breaks from the team, joins the Empire and ultimately becomes Phasma.

I don't think this is true. This is set before ANh. TFA is like 30 years after RotJ. Also, Phasma is >6' while this character is not.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back