Rogue One question

The first time I ever saw a photo of the Death Star "upside down" was on the cover of a Kenner catalog in 1977.

Kenner catalog 1977 Death Star.jpg

Also the poster above is correct, there is no right side up or down in space.

Here's another question:
Cassian said "he's in this fight since he was 6 years old". At that point, the Empire is about 18 years old. If we presume that he's in the rebellion from the very beginning, that means he is 24 in this film? He sure looks much older than that....

IIRC, Cassian's supposed to be from a Separatist world. Therefore, he's probably lumping in the fight against the Republic. That would give him another 4 years to work with, so 24-28. He's also obviously been through a lot, which can make one look older than their age.

You must have never read ender's game. In space this is no up or down. If you want to think about what would be down when in orbit of a planet, the dish on the death star would be at the bottom of the DS because if you held the DS in place (not in orbit but just holding it still) you would feel the planets gravity pulling you to the middle of the planet (just like you do now)

Last edited:
IIRC, Cassian's supposed to be from a Separatist world. Therefore, he's probably lumping in the fight against the Republic. That would give him another 4 years to work with, so 24-28. He's also obviously been through a lot, which can make one look older than their age.

Yep, Wookieepedia said it all, and even his age approximately matches the one of Diego Luna.

My question is this. If K-2SO was reprogrammed why didn't they buff out his Imperial markings? Isn't it hazardous to have him walking around that way?

Obviously, in the movie it was necessary for him to have those markings to infiltrate the Imperial installation, so "conveniently" they were left on.

Oh I don't know, I think the Rebels could figure out a way to use a reprogrammed Imperial Droid... :) They even did the opposite on the Rebels show where they painted Chopper in Imperial colors to infiltrate.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back