The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Yes that is what we used for our jacket too to attach the jacket valve and arm badge. Any excess is like dried silicon. You can neatly rub it off gently.

I have not really liked most of the rocket remotes out there. So I am working on this one below. I want to add a real button and LEDs and so I made room inside for the electronics. I just need to figure out how to do the electronics. Creating it was the easy part.View attachment 438355

That is awesome as i bought some high end 3D printed Rocket Boosters from user joatrash recently and would love to pick your brain to get them to work together as i want to add a small speaker with sound and lights to them. Your rocket remote can be the switch to activate all the rocket hoohickeys so to speak.

There's one on Shapeways that I printed out and it holds the gun fine. NOVA Props (IronManiac and Daniel Nelms) are working on one that uses the same system that the Shapeways one does but also includes magnets to make sure it never falls out. I think they're figuring a way to make it detachable as well so you can still wash your pants, heh.

Correct! We have so many projects going right now, the holster is still in progress. As grudgehammer mentioned, our design will include magnets that will hold the blasters very securely, and we will make them detachable so you can launder your pants after a hard day of cosplay. We will post details very soon. We think they'll be the best solution available. :)

Correct! We have so many projects going right now, the holster is still in progress. As grudgehammer mentioned, our design will include magnets that will hold the blasters very securely, and we will make them detachable so you can launder your pants after a hard day of cosplay. We will post details very soon. We think they'll be the best solution available. :)

This is great news. I didn't see anything on the forum. Do you guys have anything up for interest yet?

From the various pics that Ive been scrutinizing over, I believe that the holster pads are attached to the D-rings of the belt. Can anyone confirm that?

From the various pics that Ive been scrutinizing over, I believe that the holster pads are attached to the D-rings of the belt. Can anyone confirm that?
I can confirm they are not attached to the belt at all. The top part goes underneath the belt but they are 2 separate, unattached pieces.

Attached to the pants.

10458488_10152545820399570_1607992788014663620_n_zpsn2t92xkm.jpg

That Ronin though... :lol

Also, thanks for the images. Will help a lot with the trench coat. I could confirm then its Burnt Red color for the trench coat. I'm sure of it. I had my doubts on Mahogany but after testing the dye on a Redwood Leather. It didn't even come close to the image reference I had. Redwood color is not the actual color for the trench coat. Its Burnt Red.

If anyone thinks quit the opposite, please tell me. :D

Last edited:
Not sure where your color names are coming from, but colors of dye will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, how they're applied, and what type of leather they're applied to.

Also, you'd think they could use some bigger mannequins :lol

The images differ from Risu's images too. From far away, the color seem like its glossy. and from up close. It's semi-glossy?

Would someone elaborate to me with better quality of images? If possible.

I really appreciate the hard work Capn_Jack_Savvy did, the images are awesome! Couldn't ask for more, It's only that my mind is trying to comprehend whether it's color combination of Dark red rust color or orange...Errr :behave

Thanks again for the images.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
I've received the Star Lord coat from TheJacketMaker.
It's actually more like a purplish color than I thought.
(More like Hot Toys figure.)
Judging by the photos, it looks pretty much like just dark red to me.
But when I took a picture, I realized that it appears more like red depends on the lighting.
So I don't blame TheJacketMaker for it.

Because it's based on Hot Toys figure, many of the features are incorrect or removed.
(Or they just didn't find a way to make it more film accurate within the budget of $ 450 USD.)
Adjustable Cuffs, patterns on the back side, hooks on right side waist, etc. are gone.
Shoulder armor, collar, buttons, etc. are inaccurate compared to the actual coat featured in the film.
I think the most ridiculous thing for those of you, including me, is the design of the cuffs.
I still don't understand why they decide to make it such a cheap looking design.

But I'm not planning on modifying this one and I'm pretty happy about the looks of it.
I'm not really looking for a 100% match with the actual coat.
I just want it to be look similar enough for people to recognize that it's what was featured in the film and doesn't feel flimsy or unnatural.
The only thing I don't like about this is the cuffs.
But since it's made out of real leather and I know nothing about leather crafting, I presume modifying this coat will never going to happen for me.

Besides, because it's made out of real leather, it feels pretty warm.
Should be useful during winter.
Also the way the leather looks and paint job looks great to me.
I don't think someone would see my coat and think it's fake leather.
And it's not exactly looks red at the Morag scene, it kind of looks a little purplish color.

But I'm not really sure about its price.
I've bought when it's $ 382 USD.
And I think it was a fairly decent deal.
But it's not 15 % off any more so you're going to have to pay $ 449 USD for this.
I wouldn't mind if you sincerely like the look of it or you just don't want to modify your coat and use it as the way it is.
But if you're looking for something like a base to make it more accurate to the one in the film, I don't think this is the one you should get.

I bet there are better products for using it for a base out there that comes with reasonable and affordable price.

In conclusion,
I think this is for those of you who are looking for something looks great enough to use it as it is.

chris-pratt-coat-800x980 (1).jpg PD1407390564GQz.jpg IMG_1258.jpg IMG_1261.jpg
(FYI, That bag doesn't come with the coat and I was having Nerf guns on my pants.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back