STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

When they cut to his point of view all he could see was red, so that is why I assumed the blade had done it.

yeah Idk, I thought exactly like you did how did his face not get destroyed, so my theory is maul sliced him up with the saber hooks

I saw some old video interview where Dave did speculate 3 or 4. If this is the last season, I would expect it to be announced at least by Celebration this July.

My personal opinion is that 4 seasons would be better. Unless they plan on jumping some time, there are still a few years between here we are in Rebels and probably the start of Rogue One. While you can hint at some elements of R1 in season 3, you cannot fully play with the story because it will not be seen till about mid season. It would be great if they allow for another season in which R1 story has been seen and sunk in and then utilize season 4 to refine the tie in points. But that's just me. Honestly, if they end after season 3, I am okay with it. I just hope they keep the wheels turning on the next series as I do not want to wait a year and a half to see new episodes of an animated show.

I would like new series would focus towards the sequel trilogy. More of how we got from Eps 6 to 7. However I'll watch any series.

I think they will end the animated show at 3 Seasons but continue the story in books or comics. I don't consider this an indictment of the show, I think Disney is itching to start up another animtaed series or possible a few and commit those resources to them.

This series has slipped back to George Lucas Prequel drivel...theres nothing Star Wars about it anymore,......when the crew are back aboard the Ghost at the end, you get a reminder of how good the series was,......its all too twirly lightsabers,....boring

J

This series has slipped back to George Lucas Prequel drivel...theres nothing Star Wars about it anymore,......when the crew are back aboard the Ghost at the end, you get a reminder of how good the series was,......its all too twirly lightsabers,....boring

J

I don't know if i'd go that far. but it IS a Disney KIDS series-fied series. right down to the alladin looking art.
it's no where near as exciting or rewatchable as clone wars for me, but just like the prequels, it does have it's fun moments

most of the time, the series is just too simple. it's like one big party battling the empire..

I think yer man Dave with the cowboy hat, promised Disney that he'd make the series OT style,...but now he's slipped back doing what George hired him to do

J

idk, I feel alittle different. though I complained allot about the beginning of season 2 there was some great episodes. not a lot but a few great episodes

one of my favorites was the B wing episode. maybe I'm not being fair because I'm a huge B wing and R3-D2 fan

I really enjoyed all the Jedi temple episodes, and the siege of lothal is amazing!

I do realize this show is targeted towards children but I still find myself saying out loud " wow " when Maul cold bloody killed seven sister. or in season one when the grand inquisitor beheaded the 2 goofy imperial officers.

to me there is allow of throw away episodes like the whole space whales episode, even Zeb's episode that could have been handled better in my eyes.

but it's still a show I really look forward too, I also enjoy coming on here and seeing what everyone in this thread has to say. it's like I race over to my computer once the episodes done for MJF to link rebels recon and see everyone's thoughts lol

I do wish the inquisitors would lose the funky spinning sabers.. but I totally understand where the show is coming from since the grand inquisitor ( their trainer) is familiar with the double blades temple guard sabers..

I'm really curious to see where this show now goes.. kanan being blind. will he have implants? or will he become more of a future telling profit? ( I spell that profit right?)

I can honestly say I'm shocked Vader didn't off ahsoka. if the rumors are true and there's only 2 if not 1 season left that doesn't leave allot of time explaining things...

I seriously thought kanan was going to die in the finale. with his comic now ended I figured this was it. he then was blinded and I figured he's now useless he's going to sacrifice himself for Ezra... but it didn't pan out this way

this also makes me wonder what are they still going to do about him? he is now knighted by Yoda, we know in less then 10 years yoda tells Luke he's the last Jedi knight.. curious to see if they off kanan on the show or in a novel..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally saw the finale today. Good episode except the freaking flying inquisitors. Remind me people how great that SW would be now that we have the Story group, no George Lucas, and all the EU was wiped out? That was far more ridiculous than almost anything I ever read in the old EU, and there were some REALLY dumb things in there. Part of me thought "Well it's a kid's show." then my 8yo niece, who admittedly is not the biggest SW fan (though she loves Ahsoka and watched a lot of TCW series), said "That's stupid!" when they were flying around like helicopters.

I finally saw the finale today. Good episode except the freaking flying inquisitors. Remind me people how great that SW would be now that we have the Story group, no George Lucas, and all the EU was wiped out? That was far more ridiculous than almost anything I ever read in the old EU, and there were some REALLY dumb things in there. Part of me thought "Well it's a kid's show." then my 8yo niece, who admittedly is not the biggest SW fan (though she loves Ahsoka and watched a lot of TCW series), said "That's stupid!" when they were flying around like helicopters.

dumber than the bad guy who tried to fly with a damaged saber? probably ;o)

I still say they stole the idea from michelangelo ;o)

dumber than the bad guy who tried to fly with a damaged saber? probably ;o)

I still say they stole the idea from michelangelo ;o)

The question is... Is he really dead? Or did he pull a maul lol

find it hard they waste their money on a character for 1 episode... Not budget friendly

The question is... Is he really dead? Or did he pull a maul lol

find it hard they waste their money on a character for 1 episode... Not budget friendly

I am pretty sure he is dead especially from the interview (we can believe he died in the fall or the explosion as in the scene never made). Plus it is probably the reason he never took his helmet off not to mention a lot of episodes have a character that only appears once.

I wonder if the blade didn't touch him at all and if it was the hook at the end of the saber the slash through his face...

I wonder if it might be a Plasma burn or something similar? That way the eyes would be damaged but not the surrounding flesh or bone. Because I would have thought you would be able to see some damage to his face and skin. I guess we will see in a few months.

I hope they run the show for another couple of seasons, it's become the show I look forward to the most,

So only one other person in this thread has a problem with the helicopter sabers? Really? That is more dumb than anything in the Prequels, Jar Jar included.

So only one other person in this thread has a problem with the helicopter sabers? Really? That is more dumb than anything in the Prequels, Jar Jar included.

No, it's not.

On another note, I think Dave and the creative crew really didn't know how to resolve Vader/Ashoka and that's why we didn't see how they resolved their fight and both walked away. I think that was a mistake.

No, you just have to read through the other posts.

My biggest problem about them is when I saw them, I knew people were going to bitch and moan about them on this thread. They were there and now they are gone. Sounds like inquisitors are not coming back so hopefully that is the end of it.

It was a great episode so instead of drawing away from that, I'm going to just call them "interesting" and move on.

No, you just have to read through the other posts.

My biggest problem about them is when I saw them, I knew people were going to bitch and moan about them on this thread. They were there and now they are gone. Sounds like inquisitors are not coming back so hopefully that is the end of it.

It was a great episode so instead of drawing away from that, I'm going to just call them "interesting" and move on.

Yeah it was a dumb construct to solve a story problem, it was silly but hardly the end of the world. And Jar Jar was perfectly fine IMO, my little brother loved him.

No, it's not.

On another note, I think Dave and the creative crew really didn't know how to resolve Vader/Ashoka and that's why we didn't see how they resolved their fight and both walked away. I think that was a mistake.

I can't agree with that. I'd say they wanted to have the confrontation but still have stories for both the characters. Vader.. well obviously. But there must still be plans for Ashoka past the episode. The same way both Rey and Kylo survived their first meeting.

I can't agree with that. I'd say they wanted to have the confrontation but still have stories for both the characters. Vader.. well obviously. But there must still be plans for Ashoka past the episode. The same way both Rey and Kylo survived their first meeting.

Agreed, I appreciate them both walking away but I think they owed us an explanation as to why since I bet we never see either character again in this series. Sure they can save it for some other opportunity, but I really think they were at a loss as to how to resolve this and passed that buck back to the story group.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back