Rogue One Vest Transponder Greeblies

BroadSword

Is there a source or tutorial perhaps for the rank badges seen on the Rebel Troopers vests as seen here:

7D9mSfg.jpg

HWPEM00.jpg

Ya7Gr4w.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Rogue One Rank Badges

Random bits of junk glued to a back plate.
Many times the pieces are model parts and the rectangles are the same machine button covers used for the Imperial rank badges.

I think / believe that the rank badges are those on the right side of the jackets...

The other side are just...
Division 6 said:
Random bits of junk glued to a back plate.

Attachments

• rank badges.jpg
    rank badges.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 374

I thought I read somewhere that the piece on their left was some kind of communications

The rank badges are the ones on the right (silver w/dots)
Dot color denotes military branch, Green Army, Red ? (doesn't say)

UVD calls the one on the left in window pocket a "Personal Identifier Transponder" that also conceals a "lullaby" suicide pill.

R1 rank badges are made differently than the ESB Hoth ones they're trying to emulate, too.
ESB ones had round switch covers (ala the Imperial bars) on the surface. These have round cutouts in a coverplate revealing the colored transparencies under them.

I won't swear to it but it seemed like the R1 ranks were a triple layer design because I think I noticed the layers from the side. The front and back layer was silver with a blue (or red depending on affiliation) in the middle. It also seemed like it was not just a simple circular cutout revealing the blue (or red) layer, but that the pips/dots were actually raised a bit toward the surface.

Like I said... I'm not swearing to it.

The rank badges are the ones on the right (silver w/dots)
Dot color denotes military branch, Green Army, Red ? (doesn't say)

UVD calls the one on the left in window pocket a "Personal Identifier Transponder" that also conceals a "lullaby" suicide pill.

I am pretty sure that Rebel and Resistant ranks are pretty much the same. Blue marks Navy affiliation and Red marks Army. The main difference is that instead of just dots, the resistance pretty much connects the dots to form lines.

Last edited:

Maybe we can get a mod to spin off the posts about the other badges into a new thread so we don't get in the way of BroadSword's discussion.

Which has been answered.
Junk glued to a back plate.

The red rectangle in your second pic is the same cover plates used on the Imperial rank badges, Snow Trooper, etc.
The other parts look like rubber stick on feet, random plastic rectangles and bits of half round strips.
The textured part is either a machined part or a truck muffler.

Top pic looks like a hose connector with the same stepped bits used on the other plate and a toy comb (could be an electronics part)

Lot's of random parts can be found at machine shops or parts surplus stores.

Almost all of it can be scratch built with just stuff around the house.

Maybe we can get a mod to spin off the posts about the other badges into a new thread so we don't get in the way of BroadSword's discussion.

Yes, or he could rename his own thread topic to correctly ask for what he wanted: "Rogue One ID/Transponder Badges.

I'm just glad fans are finally realizing these badges on rebel uniforms in R1 and past movies are not rank badges. I've been trying convince people of that for years now.

Found this pic of Jyn's poncho showing the same piece,
Some of the details on the comb looking thing, some sort of electronics plug from the looks of it.

transponder.jpg

Yes, or he could rename his own thread topic to correctly ask for what he wanted: "Rogue One ID/Transponder Badges.

I'm just glad fans are finally realizing these badges on rebel uniforms in R1 and past movies are not rank badges. I've been trying convince people of that for years now.

Ok...thread title changed. Some of these parts remind of electric shaver parts:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/remington-smooth--silky-foil-replacement/ID=prod6171021-product

Looking through the Art Of Book (pg 163) it's referred to as a Communicator on Jyn's poncho drawing.

If that shaver part is small enough it may work.

Part of the greeblie on the jacket in the first picture in post #10 reminds me of the front portion of toy 1911 pistols

Any ideas on the measurements of the transponders? I'm thinking of putting together a model for 3D printing.

Kind regards, The14thDr

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back