M19 Scope Parts Help

Bulldog44

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was disassembling my M19 scope for my casting project and while removing the inner reticle assembly the side light socket clear cone piece came loose and dropped out, nothing damaged but not sure if any other small hidden parts may have fallen out.
Hoping someone here has fully taken apart an M19 and can confirm if there is only that clear cone / bulb part in the socket and nothing behind it.

Field Marshall is currently taking a M19 apart and making exact replicas. Maybe he can chime in or you can PM him and ask. I think youre correct and nothing else is there but just to be sure...

Here's his thread, hopefully he can help

Last edited by a moderator:
@Field Marshall is currently taking a M19 apart and making exact replicas. Maybe he can chime in or you can PM him and ask. I think youre correct and nothing else is there but just to be sure...

Here's his thread, hopefully he can help
Thank you tomm1999. I have posted my question to him on the FISD. Just waiting to hear back from him. Thought there might be some other people here who have experience as well completely disassembling an M19. Just hearing your thought on this is good. It was unexpected that the clear cone part came loose. But it has given me another idea to add to my scope kit project. Really small part to make copies of but I might try. Thanks again for replying!

You find a solution??
Thank you tomm1999. I have posted my question to him on the FISD. Just waiting to hear back from him. Thought there might be some other people here who have experience as well completely disassembling an M19. Just hearing your thought on this is good. It was unexpected that the clear cone part came loose. But it has given me another idea to add to my scope kit project. Really small part to make copies of but I might try. Thanks again for replying!

19%20Scope%20Disassembly%20with%20Bulb_zps1e5g7ckm.jpg

Here is some detail of the light socket and bulb I have mentioned above.

Do you still have the small wire-spring, that keeps the light socket in place? can´t see it in your pictures...

Do you still have the small wire-spring, that keeps the light socket in place? can´t see it in your pictures...
Thanks for replying Markus. Yes, if its the wire part that wraps around the socket diameter, still there. Since its the full circle socket ring that wire is hidden behind the bottom half of the circle. Still intact, not going to mess with that at all.
Just curious though, is the protruding socket part a separate piece that can be removed from the main scope body? or is it just an extension of the scope body. Hard to tell, I can't see any seam lines.

Thanks for confirming that. Do you know if there is some other part or parts positioned behind the clear bulb in the socket?

Thanks for confirming that. Do you know if there is some other part or parts positioned behind the clear bulb in the socket?

It´s been many years, since I took one apart...the bulb socket looked a bit different on mine IIRC, more like a cylinder (but I might be wrong). No other parts behind it.

Are you actually MISSING a part or are you just worried, that anything got MIA during disassembly?

Just worried if something fell out unnoticed and went missing. Thanks for your help. Interesting to hear the bulb part might come in different shapes possibly. Wish we could find the Powell who developed the scopes or at.least some records or blueprints. Military stuff so it probably got disposed of after the war.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back