Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Dang I like it. What did you use for weathering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used acrylic paint and a sponge. Dab each color over the helmet then wipe most of it of with a damp cloth. The colors I used were burnt umber, warm gray, and black.

anybody order the Stormtrooper helmet from Amazon UK? getting worried this is never going to turn up! past its delivery date already.

No email for me yet! And I bought mine two days after Force Friday. Hopefully soon...

If anyone ordered the Shadow trooper from Amazon.com after it was marked as out-of-stock (as I did), I just got a shipping arrival date :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EV7645M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So those WILL be back in stock, but who knows how many times they'll get a restock. I ordered two (two separate orders) and only got confirmation for one.

No email for me yet! And I bought mine two days after Force Friday. Hopefully soon...

I ordered @ 12:01am as soon as the option to buy became live. I got mine yesterday. I did a quick open and put together. I will take pictures of it when I get home. Only issues that i noticed right away where some swirl marks in the paint and some minor scratches. I don't think it was from shipping since it was packed inside a shipping box.

Here is mine, I weathered it to look like a Sandtrooper. Since I'm just gonna display it I didn't worry about filling the seams. This really is a nice helmet for the money.

[url]https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8556/30308056435_468bcc943e_b.jpg[/URL]Santrooper Helmet Black Series

[url]https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5453/30273112606_a258527827_b.jpg[/URL]Santrooper Helmet Black Series 2

Great job. I just got mine in the mail and love it. When I started to nit pick, I had to remind myself, that it was sub $100 toy. Anyone remember the first vinyl ST helmets circa 1978?

Overall its a really solid little lid. I held it up to my TE2 bucket and nothing 'jumps' out as wrong. Its an idealized solid helmet with some electronics. Win.

Anyone remember the first vinyl ST helmets circa 1978?

If I had this helmet back in 1978, I would have peed myself lol Just picked mine up at Wal Mart fot 79 bucks, and couldn't be more pleased with it. I'll snap a side by side shot with my EFX and CAP lids tomorrow and post them here.

Robert

I think I am going to pull all the electronics out. They are very poor quality and the extra space would be welcome. It also think I want to replace the lenses and aerators. I see the seems and battery compartment being filled and a paint job in the future.

I think I am going to pull all the electronics out. They are very poor quality and the extra space would be welcome. It also think I want to replace the lenses and aerators. I see the seems and battery compartment being filled and a paint job in the future.

Personally, Im gonna leave it as is. But....with all the empty space, you can easily replace the electronics and put in aerator speakers. With that said, the volume is lacking out of the box. My TE2 was totally reworked with aerator speakers, proper battery box to provide some 'omph' where a person in front can actually hear you speaking.

Guys/Gals, for the money this bucket is gold. It looks great out of the box and if you have some skills can be made into a show piece.

If anyone wants to sell their electronics pm me. I'd like to see if I can get it to work in my eFX with a high gain mic and hovi tip speakers.

im positive the problem with the voice changer not working is something to do with the connection between the front and back part of the helmet. I've seen so many videos of people demonstrating that the voice changer doesn't do anything, but I've also seen a few where it definitely works!
I heard some of the same, but found that it doesn't work unless your mouth is right up against the mic.

Here is mine, I weathered it to look like a Sandtrooper. Since I'm just gonna display it I didn't worry about filling the seams. This really is a nice helmet for the money.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8556/30308056435_468bcc943e_b.jpgSantrooper Helmet Black Series

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5453/30273112606_a258527827_b.jpgSantrooper Helmet Black Series 2

Wow! This could be a game changer for me. Seeing this Sandy paintup is swaying me to buying one:)

I dont mind spending £100 if it helps me to find some droids in the garden, or even wearing it whilst the wife is vacumning " you can go on with your hoovering, move along..." Looks like ill be purchasing one soon :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back