The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

My Star Lord jacket from Pakistan is finally here. It is synthetic leather. Am OK with that. Was just a tad north of $100 USD with shipping. Ordered on Sept 27 and received on Oct 7. Bought on eBay HERE. I am 5' 7" around 145 lbs and bought a size MED. Fits perfect. No alterations needed. Good foundation to start customizing.
View attachment 386904View attachment 386905View attachment 386906

I got the same jacket. Just wish it wasn't so pink for the lining...
Are you doing anything to distress or age the synthetic leather?

Last edited:
I got the same jacket. Just wish it wasn't so pink for the lining...
Are you doing anything to distress or age the synthetic leather?

Hi i have a friend who used to work in the movie prop building industry. He said the same thing about the jacket. i don't know what he plans to do but he wanted to distress it big time like in the movies. Looks too new. He will be repainting my helmet and NERF guns also. Will update once it is done.

Hi i have a friend who used to work in the movie prop building industry. He said the same thing about the jacket. i don't know what he plans to do but he wanted to distress it big time like in the movies. Looks too new. He will be repainting my helmet and NERF guns also. Will update once it is done.

Hey, can he do my jacket too? LOL!
Star Lord Jacket.JPGStar Lord Jacket_01.JPG
I also have the 'sub dermal' embossing for the sleeves, (Not depicted here; doing that today some time)
Insignia placement and valve.JPG

Hey @joatrash - you still producing these? You may have another buyer...
[/QUOTE

Yah, I'll make those indefinitely but I just do them on-demand now. Tips: Dont' forget to remove the thin edge flash before you mount it... and also... the body of the valve should be grey/metallic to be accurate (unless of course, you want it gold, in which case have at it). The vest doesn't seem to have the brass mesh in the center.

My powers of observation have failed me...it's a good thing I've not installed this thing yet! (and I have cut the flanges off)
Back to the paint kit, and thanks for the tip!

oops.png

Hey @joatrash - you still producing these? You may have another buyer...
[/QUOTE

Yah, I'll make those indefinitely but I just do them on-demand now. Tips: Dont' forget to remove the thin edge flash before you mount it... and also... the body of the valve should be grey/metallic to be accurate (unless of course, you want it gold, in which case have at it). The vest doesn't seem to have the brass mesh in the center.

Hey guys, I purchased the jacket from fjackets. I was wondering how much or if a tailor could fix also those parts that are kinda loose, like those shoulder things. Thanks!

WHEW! Thanks, Kevin, I almost blew it!

View attachment 393405

On the bright side, I now have an extra valve to make the vest!
View attachment 393407 ....but now I get to repaint mine, D'OH!

Hey, just a commentry on the valve for the vest. I've been making my own vest, and I'm at the point of making a valve. I thought it was the same as the ones on the jacket, but I think it's slightly different. I don't think it has the single hole and two slots (for lack of a better description), and I think that the circular area is actually cut in half. If you look closely at the lower pic in your quote, I think you'll see what I mean. I can't tell for 100% certain, but it appears to be a minor difference.

Last edited:
I never noticed that. I think your right though. It does look different.

It's a lot flatter for one. Hadn't gotten around to finishing (and offering) the part yet since I'm still faaaar away from tackling the vest and coat myself, but here's where I'm at. Not much left do do really, beyond some tweaks:

altvalve.JPG

It's a lot flatter for one. Hadn't gotten around to finishing (and offering) the part yet since I'm still faaaar away from tackling the vest and coat myself, but here's where I'm at. Not much left do do really, beyond some tweaks:

View attachment 393975

I thought it was thinner too, but i wasn't quite sure until i started trying to make one based on the jacket valve dimensions. Looks like I'll be moving on to version 2.0 myself! At least it seems a bit easier to construct.

I thought it was thinner too, but i wasn't quite sure until i started trying to make one based on the jacket valve dimensions. Looks like I'll be moving on to version 2.0 myself! At least it seems a bit easier to construct.

I think I can take mine and add some filler to the center and then do a little filing on it, (I'm crafty like that)...
At least I have a sub strait to work from. Thank god I've not affixed it to anything yet.

Even though NOT screen accurate i plan to buy the upcoming Limited Edition AWESOME MIX VOL. 1 on cassette tape this coming Nov 28. LINK to info and AWESOME VID

View attachment 394196

That tape *is* kind of awesome....!!!

The cell phone clips worked great, except I had to make a contraption to hold them onto the blaster pads. I took two rectangular strips of hard plastic (it's what I had) as the base. I was debating between plastic and metal, but opted for plastic since it's lighter. I bent a slight "U" into one, with the ends still parallel to the straight strip. I screw these together, with the blaster pad in between. I cut of the ends of the screws on the back so they wouldn't poke into my sides. The clip "clipped" to the "U" strip. I also put velcro on the back of the back strip to secure it to my pants.

View attachment 392538View attachment 392539

The clip worked great! However, the blasters were heavy enough to slowly peel the pads off my pants. I'm going to sew them down before Halloween and see how my second dress rehearsal for Mega-Con goes!

Do you mind me asking what you used to attach the small bit to the blasters?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back