Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

By far, the Tarkin character was clearly what put the movie over the top for me. It literally brought us right to the doorstep of ANH! Loved it! :thumbsup

I couldn't agree more....and for the life of me, I can't understand all of the complaining over him....I mean Star Wars has always been, from day one, about pushing the envelope of special effects....this is no different.

And in addition the Red & Gold leaders plus Dr. Evezan, Ponda Baba, PLUS 19 year old Princess Leia was just an absolute perfect way to "bring us right to the doorstep of ANH".

Saw it with my wife last night...she loved the SFX Tarkin & Leia as well.

I enjoyed the movie, but I agree, I think the first half could have used more improvement.

Also, in response to "Why was Vader more active in this movie?": I think we just have to accept that Ep IV, V, VI were made in a different time with different ideas. It is hard to stick with old ideas when modern day creators have new thoughts on how certain characters should perform.

In Ep IV, Lucas had the idea that sabers were very heavy and thus they were wielded as such. The first fight between Obi and Vader was very lethargic. Later Lucas would realize that the action would look better if the saber fights were more fluid. The fights became better. I'm sure the fight between Vader and Obi would have been more exciting if Lucas didn't stick with that whole Excalibur idea to begin with.

Anyhoo, did anyone catch Saw's merc with the black scout helmet?

We don't know how long he made Krennic wait. Vader might have taken his sweet time getting dressed just because.

Everything worked for me apart from one minor concern;

When Vader came out of the Bacta tank and met Krennic, there is no way he had time to dry himself properly. Bit like when you've had a shower at the gym and put your clothes back on when you're still wet.

I think we all know how uncomfortable it feels, but to have to wear a leather jumpsuit with a wet back and armpits...

Been thinking about Vader's lethargic lightsaber fighting in ANH and came up with a theory that could explain it.

All the other saber fighting we've seen with Vader occurs either before or after ANH. But the saber fight in ANH occurs with what could arguably be the two most powerful Jedis there are. Is it possible that the Force was so strong between the two that it slowed both down physically? Hence the rather lethargic physical aspect of their fight. They could have been exerting tons of Force at each other, perhaps more or less cancelling each other's Force out, and that's maybe why what they were doing physically was affected. Add to that the fact that each was a couple decades older physically.

You might counter by saying that Vader and Kenobi fought very energetically in ROTS, so where did that go? Well, they were both physically much younger then, and neither was as strong with the Force then. Other saber fights we've seen throughout the series, including Luke and Vader, were nearly always between combatants with more unequal levels of Force ability.

No real proof of any of this, of course. Just something I came up with that could explain it.

A.J.

BTW, we did not see Krennic die. He may have survived, maybe the Shadow Troopers came to the rescue. Always remember the X-Files credo: No body = not dead. So he might come back some day (Darth Maul came back, too ;) ). :)

Been thinking about Vader's lethargic lightsaber fighting in ANH and came up with a theory that could explain it.

All the other saber fighting we've seen with Vader occurs either before or after ANH. But the saber fight in ANH occurs with what could arguably be the two most powerful Jedis there are. Is it possible that the Force was so strong between the two that it slowed both down physically? Hence the rather lethargic physical aspect of their fight. They could have been exerting tons of Force at each other, perhaps more or less cancelling each other's Force out, and that's maybe why what they were doing physically was affected. Add to that the fact that each was a couple decades older physically.

You might counter by saying that Vader and Kenobi fought very energetically in ROTS, so where did that go? Well, they were both physically much younger then, and neither was as strong with the Force then. Other saber fights we've seen throughout the series, including Luke and Vader, were nearly always between combatants with more unequal levels of Force ability.

No real proof of any of this, of course. Just something I came up with that could explain it.

A.J.

That,and the last time Vader went swinging wildly at Obi Wan it cost him a few limbs.Stands to reason he would fight a lot more cautiously.

As for the alternate ending, personally I think that she escaped the tower on the tie fighter. Either is was someone rescuing her or she jumps on and takes command.

There was no explanation at all how they got down and on to the beach.

But there was one very odd shot of the top of the tower being destroyed. No explanation at all. It was just a background shot. It may have had something to do with the Tie fighter

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They went down in the lift.....where they may or not kissed????
Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 19.33.15.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 19.33.25.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 19.33.47.png

J

Yup as others have said I really loved the inclusion of the old footage, the CG Tarkin and Leia. Yes they weren't perfect but only my eyes were bothered by this my brain did not care!

I didn't consider the ethics of re-using people images after they're dead till after the film I was just blown away by the attempt.

I never thought I'd prefere CG to prosthetics but Tarkin did look better than in ROTS.

So Chirrut appears to use the force to make it to the switch thing without getting hit and turning it on. Stormtroopers are blasting away at him and just can't seem to hit him. Does that sound familiar?

Is this film suggesting the reason why OT stormtroopers have a great deal of trouble shooting luke,, han, leia and co is because the force is influencing them? Apologies if this is a repeat in this thread.

To be honest I liked this film more than TFA and funnily enough that's mainly due to the Starkiller base thing/ Lets do a soft reboot thing.

Someone here mentioned it's like watching a 90's EU film I kind of like that comparison it's a good fit. Ok that's the end of my disjointed review :)

Saw it last night. It has some issues (the mind-reading worm?) but overall I loved it. It's right up at the top with ESB for me. I was literally giddy when I saw the archive footage of the Y-Wing pilots, as well as seeing the X-Wings screaming around in space again. Haven't felt that way during a movie in a looooooooong time. Also, we finally got to see why everyone fears Vader. Certainly sent the film out with a bang.

SB

A.J.

You know...I can actually buy your theory! Do you mind if I use it going forward?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back