ULTRON for Pepakura ** 04/11 paper unfold added!**

Re: ULTRON for Pepakura ** 5/9 FOAM HELMET TEMPLATE ADDED **

Nope didn't think you gave up. :p You're like me though, we have a more than a couple irons in the fire at any given time....
Yep, I had a feeling the look you are getting on the helm has a lot to do with your build style too, it just looks proportioned the way I would want mine. I'm just hoping the lower torso builds easily with the way the templating is layered.
I'm pretty pumped to see this come together :)

Ultron, Ant-Woman, and the Patriot. Just a few things. ;)

I'm going to do the arms first but I'll be sure to post updates when I get down to the abdomen.

WOW msleeper! Fantastic work!! Great progress!! Can´t wait to see more updates!!

Submit or perish.
i8UEpEsl.jpg

Did you modded the file so the parts in the chest where are "cuts" didnt show ? YOu have a complete piece i dont know if you understand what i mean :/

I didn't mod the file, I just taped the 2 pieces together. I tossed out my printed files already or else I'd take a photo and show you. But all you do is tape the adjoining edges together along the seam. Then I used a heat gun to heat up and gently bend the breast armor in to shape before gluing everything together.

I am re-doing the helmet tonight, I'll take some photos to show you what I mean then.

Did you modded the file so the parts in the chest where are "cuts" didnt show ? YOu have a complete piece i dont know if you understand what i mean :/

I think i understand what you mean. Thanks.

Okay here's the process. You cut out the individual parts, then tape them together along the edges to create single, contiguous templates.

Here's the mohawk:

The sides:

The jaw and ear piece:

And then here is the face with the sides/temples glued and attached. The jaw/ears are also there, upside down with the white foamcore board ear cups. This is 3 pieces total - the 2 sides and the face:

Makin' progress.

Quick question Lael: Does the inset little detail part go on the outer elbow side, or the inner? I can't tell which direction is "up" from your renders.

Makin' progress.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/AbpfVmSl.jpg[/URL]

Quick question Lael: Does the inset little detail part go on the outer elbow side, or the inner? I can't tell which direction is "up" from your renders.

Do you mean that indent shown on the left? The indent is more outside/back on the bottom of the bicep. The extended flap on the bottom edge of the bicep (the red-lined stuff on the right) would sit behind the forearm's elbow covering, and that indented area allows a space for the forearm to 'mesh-up' with the bicep when the arm is stretched out straight. (wow I am bad at describing stuff)

I put together this mash-up, hopefully it helps better explain the orientation:

Hopefully helps?

Yeah that should be fine. Can you post that bottom render without the shoulder bells? Thanks.

I'll do you one better- email incoming..

Working on the shins: Are they identical on the left and right sides? I don't mean the left and right legs, I mean can I only print one side of the templates and use that for both?

Yuppers they are. Feels like a million years ago when I did this, I keep having to go back to make sure on stuff :lol

So yep they are identical just mirrored.

Okay cool, that should save me some time!

Did you ever finish up the hand plates/gauntlets? I was going to make generic Iron Man type fingers/palms.

Yeah about that..... :) I modeled a couple of different ones, both attached to the forearm and free, but I just didn't trust them for range of motion (when twisting the wrist). Lemme go look in the folder, and I'll see what I had for one.

No problem. I honestly don't think it really needs it so don't worry if you don't have anything that will work.

Yeah about that..... :) I modeled a couple of different ones, both attached to the forearm and free, but I just didn't trust them for range of motion (when twisting the wrist). Lemme go look in the folder, and I'll see what I had for one.

OK, just did it now while waiting for paint to dry...

Pretty lame-o, but I think the left one will pep out in foam nicely and just work better. It's just a no-frills cover though, so freehanding with it could turn out better?

Here's the pdo of both:
july15oldguardstarts.pdo

Last edited:

Finished the forearms. I need to figure out tabs so I can connect the forearms and the biceps but that isn't really difficult.

Ttj1PRYl.jpg

Cv6BVxBl.png

e9hxVuil.png

YvWxqZOl.jpg

For the "grille" areas, I used 1/8" foamcore board to make it nice and rigid. I have to say laellee I really like the design aesthetic in the forearm!

Last edited by a moderator:

Finished the forearms. I need to figure out tabs so I can connect the forearms and the biceps but that isn't really difficult.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/Ttj1PRYl.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i.imgur.com/Cv6BVxBl.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i.imgur.com/e9hxVuil.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i.imgur.com/YvWxqZOl.jpg[/URL]

For the "grille" areas, I used 1/8" foamcore board to make it nice and rigid. I have to say @laellee I really like the design aesthetic in the forearm!

I must say that there looks beautiful better than mine that's for sure! Great job gonna have to redo mine like that :D:D:D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back