Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

100% cant have put a graflex clamp on a Yuma, though, they're not thick enough.

What could they readily find on a set like this? A screwdriver, gaffer tape, an extra clamp from the props box, some black spray paint or a Sharpie maybe? Barring that this isn't a resin cast of one of the hilts, or the V2, I don't think it a far-fetched scenario to imagine how they could've easily made one fit and fix it up to resemble the V2 in the same day for a the shot.

Last edited:
Courtesy of @Zombie Killer

DSC01481Large.png

DSC01480Large.png

DSC01476Large.png

DSC01483Large.png

Those pictures are, for some reason, messed up. The grip rings can clearly be seen in another picture, as well as the windvane..which is brass and not brown, see post #1639

There was a saber that had a crooked emitter. (still looking for picture) maybe they painted it to look like the V2? With tape and everything? there were already resin casts of the V2 available for R2D2.
elstreecrapcm1.png

That "bent picture" and the sail barge shot probably show the same prop, if we're going by the "prop that mark hamill handles with no blade." especially since their paint schemes are so similar.

Can't quite tell the similarities to the V2 with these shots though.

i concur, the weathering is spot on.....

- - - Updated - - -

are my eyes deceiving me... or is that the famous long clamp lever?

I can't tell if thats a graflex lever or the long one. I feel like a graflex lever wouldn't poke out so much.

I think I have to disagree at some extent, gents. I agree that it is similar but I think the amount and shape of the paint chipping on the emitter face doesn't correlate with the V2 pics at SWCA. Also, the rings on the "grenade" body are not as clearly defined to be the V2 or a Yuma and the clamp lever is clearly that of a regular Graflex clamp; the V2 lever jets far down into the length of the pommel and no amount of angling the camera is going to cut off nearly half-inch of extra lever.

In fact, watching the shot of him clamoring up the side of the sail barge, I'm pretty positive this is a resin casting like the ones with the hole in the bottom of the pommel. Most likely of the original Stunt hilts (quite probably the Shared if it kept the original clamp band). These are the best I can do right now, hopefully, someone who cares enough to bother screencap-ing the Blu-Ray editions, by better means than just Print-Screen, can get better, clearer frames to corroborate this.

RotJSailStunt1.jpgRotJSailStunt3.jpgRotJSailStunt5.jpgRotJSailStunt2.jpgRotJSailStunt4.jpg

Again, they're crap photos but I believe it's hollow and something like a key-ring clip (perhaps square) loops through the pommel and attaches itself to Hamill's belt (if he's wearing one under the vest) or just through the vest itself, judging by how much of the fabric is pulled by the clip into the bottom of the pommel. For practicality sake during filming, I believe this is why this can't be Yuma, or a V2; why both risk hurting your actor and damaging your 'hero' prop for the day?

All this gussing up to look like the V2 would therefore most likely be cosmetic work done to keep continuity between shots of the hilt.

In fact, we know there were casts made of the Stunts with the Graflex clamp and were hollow thanks to the Discoveries in the Archives video, as showcased here where it was next to one of the casts of the proper Hero/Yuma. It may not be the same one used in the sail barge shot but it would most likely be from the same mold that it was taken from.

attachment.php

Should this be true, which I have a strong feeling it is, this would have made the last 3-4 pages on the matter a complete waste of time on everyone's part.:lol

Last edited:
very well worded!

and not a complete waste of time. I've never considered resin ANH sabers used by actors to be part of the line-up. now I do!

I don't know if it's a possibility for ANH or ESB that they were ever used, let alone made, but by and for RotJ, I would say most conclusively so. I mean, we also have the Artoo launcher shot as evidence.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's a possibility for ANH or ESB that they were ever used, let alone made, but by and for RotJ, I would say most conclusively so. I mean, we also have the Artoo launcher shot as evidence.

So we can say of those resin ANH sabers, some
were decorated as the Yuma and put in the air cannon (R2D2) and at least one had gaffer tape and a similar paint job to the V2.

It would appear that way but who knows how many of these things were made and for what. There's the shot of the hilt being shot up after it launches from Artoo and then another insert shot of it falling back down before the shot of Luke catching it; they could (very probably) be the resin ANH casts, as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back