New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

What was wrong with the phaser?
Poor paint job on the phaser 2 and misshapen chrome grill on the phaser 1. I'll post pics this evening.
My real concern at this time is actually getting a replacement from Star Trek.com. I've followed their instructions so far for returning manufacturing defects but nothing from them yet except the usual automated "We'll get back to you shortly." Has anyone had to deal with Star Trek.com for customer service of this type? What was your experience?

Poor paint job on the phaser 2 and misshapen chrome grill on the phaser 1. I'll post pics this evening.
My real concern at this time is actually getting a replacement from Star Trek.com. I've followed their instructions so far for returning manufacturing defects but nothing from them yet except the usual automated "We'll get back to you shortly." Has anyone had to deal with Star Trek.com for customer service of this type? What was your experience?

Call their customer service phone number (listed on their site) and talk to a real person. They're usually really good.

The young woman I dealt with on the phone was very nice, and ended up sending me an email with a prepaid label for Newgistics. I dropped it in the package bin at the post office last week, and while the tracking showed nothing for days except that I printed the label, it finally popped up with the package being in Indiana, and now scanned to continue on. So, no problems here so far. *knock on wood*

My only concern is that they may not have any in stock to replace mine. When I called, she said they had about 8 or so left at the time.

It's probably worth buying a bunch of these. I can seem them skyrocketing in value. It's such a good deal.

Probably not a bad idea, but I have a feeling they are going to be around for awhile..Thinkgeek has an exclusive until the end of the year, then every dealer and his mother can get them from Wand for resale. The only question is the length of the licensing agreement Wand has with CBS. Once that ends , unless they renew it, you wouldn't see anymore..Just for the record, thinkgeek seems great with exchanges--I sent mine back 1 week ago, and my replacement is already in my area scheduled for delivery to me tomorrow..And at the risk of "re rambling", I think the piece is great..It's exactly what I wanted..I myself don't need a removeable or upgraded handle, since we never saw it happen on the show, and it doesn't need to be made out of fiberglass...Its a very nicely and accurate enough replica, that I am sure Wand will probably sell out of them quickly at this price..

Hey Myron, I second what Simon said, you have big ones. What a great job opening up the P1. So are you thinking of using screws to put it back together or does friction hold it together pretty well? On the P2, I'm betting after removing the emitter and back grill the 2 halves are also welded together.

Greg

Since alot of you guys are really big into the Handle/ grip thing..I got to thinking: when I was really heavy into it, I would accumulate extra parts from various replicas..I do have one leftover Richard Coyle Phaser handle, if anyone's interested,PM me. I would say I have it at least 10 or 12 years...I do remember that the phaser I took it off from, was pretty damaged, and the person wanted me to transfer the electronics into another non working unit..I did that for him, and he didn't want the leftover parts back..

Attachments

• Handle00.JPG
    Handle00.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Handle01.JPG
    Handle01.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Handle02.JPG
    Handle02.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Call their customer service phone number (listed on their site) and talk to a real person. They're usually really good.
Guess my eyesight isn't what it used to be because I didn't immediately see the customer service number earlier. Talked to a really nice lady named Amy and it looks like they'll be shipping me a return label. She said they still have plenty of stock so all should be well. Just a bit more waiting. Haven't even had the chance to try out the functions yet (read: go "pew pew" around the room) as I didn't want to mess with a product I'd soon be returning. It really is a sweet phaser. I'll post pics of the defects tonight.

WOW STAPLETON, YOU HAVE HUGE BALLS. That said, it would be nice to see someone replace the red LED in the p1 dial with a wite one. And add a numbered decal to it as well.

No need for huge balls. It didn't put up much of a fight. lol!!! I really only opened the p1 up to make sure I can replace the battery if ever necessary. I did cover up the fx led, and change the number dial.

Nice work man. do you see any problems with it going back together?

Actually it went back together really well. I just pressed the 2 halves together, and they hold really well just with friction.

Hey Myron, I second what Simon said, you have big ones. What a great job opening up the P1. So are you thinking of using screws to put it back together or does friction hold it together pretty well? On the P2, I'm betting after removing the emitter and back grill the 2 halves are also welded together.

Greg

For now I don't see any need to open up the p2. Maybe if I ever pick up a second one to make a black and white.

stapleton13 -- how hard was it to get acrylic half-moon power indicator readout off to replace the WAND readout with what you used?

stapleton13 -- how hard was it to get acrylic half-moon power indicator readout off to replace the WAND readout with what you used?

The assembly just has a screw holding it in place to get to the indicator. Theirs was silk screened onto the plastic so I had to sand it off before I put mine in.

I sent my Phaser back to thinkgeek last Monday. I just received the replacement..its charging up as I post this--looks like this one is fine, aside of a slight separation of the nozzle to the body,. but hey..its a far better unit than I had..I am very satisfied with Thinkgeek's customer service..I'd say they were very quick!View attachment 413739demo00.JPGdemo01.JPGdemo02.JPGdemo03.JPG

Attachments

• Demo04.JPG
    Demo04.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
You can also request that Thinkgeek check the unit for quality before they ship it. In addition, mine did come in a box, and not one of those flimsy mail bags...

I just received the replacement..its charging up as I post this--looks like this one is fine, aside of a slight separation of the nozzle to the body,.

Based on the cutaway we saw earlier, have you thought about putting a little backyard pressure on that nozzle to see if it snaps into place?

If it breaks... you didn't hear that idea from me. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back