Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope I got them at an online store called Sneakersnstuff.com before their official release date (haha I could spend so much more there if I wasn't careful) but I think now they are cheaper on Ebay, darnit.

Hi guys,

My apologies if this was already covered and I'm bringing it up again (This thread is gigantic, I skimmed through as much as possible hope I didn't miss it, and the searches yielded no results.) but the V2's (I think they are the V2's anyways) had the micro USB charge port on them. Could you simply re-use that charge port and the supplied wall adapter to potentially charge a 9V rechargeable battery?

Assuming the supplied wall charger is regulating the voltage and controlling the current flow (Zener Diode etc.) would wiring the +,- up to the battery terminal connectors work without harming the inverter and the rest of the circuitry? I remember seeing the exploding shoe post in the early stages and the importance of using the proper chargers for batteries, but was curious if anyone explored/tested this as an option and why it may or may not work?

Last edited:
Nope I got them at an online store called Sneakersnstuff.com before their official release date (haha I could spend so much more there if I wasn't careful) but I think now they are cheaper on Ebay, darnit.

Will have to check them out. If any shoe gets retro'd, I'd hope they would re-release the NIKE AIR PRESSURE. They were cool.

Hi guys,

My apologies if this was already covered and I'm bringing it up again (This thread is gigantic, I skimmed through as much as possible hope I didn't miss it, and the searches yielded no results.) but the V2's (I think they are the V2's anyways) had the micro USB charge port on them. Could you simply re-use that charge port and the supplied wall adapter to potentially charge a 9V rechargeable battery?

Assuming the supplied wall charger is regulating the voltage and controlling the current flow (Zener Diode etc.) would wiring the +,- up to the battery terminal connectors work without harming the inverter and the rest of the circuitry? I remember seeing the exploding shoe post in the early stages and the importance of using the proper chargers for batteries, but was curious if anyone explored/tested this as an option and why it may or may not work?

There was a bit of chat about having to install a diode to stop a backward current flow. I don't know if that was actually done. If anyone has been successful here, it would be Jedifyfe as he did add charge ports to his shoes, but used a small (2.5mm?) round plug like the RD MAG.

Will have to check them out. If any shoe gets retro'd, I'd hope they would re-release the NIKE AIR PRESSURE. They were cool.

There was a bit of chat about having to install a diode to stop a backward current flow. I don't know if that was actually done. If anyone has been successful here, it would be Jedifyfe as he did add charge ports to his shoes, but used a small (2.5mm?) round plug like the RD MAG.

Gotcha! I must have missed it when skimming through. I'll consult the search again. Thanks.

Gotcha! I must have missed it when skimming through. I'll consult the search again. Thanks.

It was a while ago. About the time I did my outrigger soles (modding the yellow ones, not my clears).

It looked cool on FB, but this like makes it look a bit tacky.

Checked out the site but could not find your shoes. Did see lots of Reebok "The Pump" though.

Hey everyone, there seems to be some confusion regarding some posts in this thread. This is not a place for non-Premium Members to sell stuff on the RPF. If you have something to sell, you need to be selling it in the Classifieds forums and you need to be a Premium Member. Thanks.

hey would you be willing to sell just the outer side panels of the clear soles? i really dont care what the botton or the inside looks like my main thing is not wanting yellow sides where the lights are

See quoted post above.

I know I saw somewhere that to flatten the laces you use an iron...is there a video of someone doing the procedure?

just want to say thanks to you guys for giving me the knowledge to go forth and mod my hc mags i know there not the most accurate mags out there but there what i can afford and they look alot better with the slim toe but yeah just wanted to say thanks and heres a few pics
View attachment 408276
heres a shot i took before i did the other shoes slim toe
View attachment 408277
heres a shot of them on feet slim toe/flat laces
View attachment 408278

Nice job looks great I'm about to do mine to soon. What glue did u use on them.
i used the steam iron slim toe method so i didnt use any glue and the swoosh is just taped on there to see what it would look like lol

side note does anyone know how long youre supposed to charge the stock leds?? i dont want to just leave them plugged in and have them fry

just want to say thanks to you guys for giving me the knowledge to go forth and mod my hc mags i know there not the most accurate mags out there but there what i can afford and they look alot better with the slim toe but yeah just wanted to say thanks and heres a few pics
View attachment 408276
heres a shot i took before i did the other shoes slim toe
View attachment 408277
heres a shot of them on feet slim toe/flat laces
View attachment 408278

The toe slimming looks awesome bro. Major difference! Was it hard? I wish you would have filmed it - it want to do mine. Hit me up on Twitter FreddyTV

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back