Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Blue dress/ white dress

J

Ed%20Wood-%201994.mkv_zpsl8gkk35z.png

Color and photos is a funny subject. A friend of mine schooled me on this very subject. He needed to color match a specific item, and managed to view the original, as well and bring a pantone book to color match the colors. He was able to show me in his office several stock photos of the item, both, with flash, no flash, daylight...etc. In every photo, the color of the same object differed, He then took out the pantone book and showed me the actual (or very close to) colors of the item. It was amazing how very different the colors were depending on the light and other factors.

Which is something most people don't even realize, unfortunately :unsure add to that which monitor you see said photos on, and which settings is in use :lol All of which could make just about anyone a little crazy.

I wish more people realized this.

I don't really care if it is a crawl or not, I only care if it is a good SW movie.

That's the main thing. The rest is all "Fluff". Whether a crawl or narrated... just gives us a great story, great characters and effects to support the story. :)

Color and photos is a funny subject. A friend of mine schooled me on this very subject. He needed to color match a specific item, and managed to view the original, as well and bring a pantone book to color match the colors. He was able to show me in his office several stock photos of the item, both, with flash, no flash, daylight...etc. In every photo, the color of the same object differed, He then took out the pantone book and showed me the actual (or very close to) colors of the item. It was amazing how very different the colors were depending on the light and other factors.

I think that the best examples of are Star Trek costumes like the gold Command uniforms from TOS. Even though they appeared as a mustard/gold color onscreen they were said to have been more green, like the satiny tunic that Kirk wears in later seasons, in person/on set. Similarly, the blue medical/science uniforms from TNG were more of a teal color in person than the solid blue we saw on screen. Another example of this were the pulse rifles from Aliens, on screen they appeared to be OD green when in actuality they were more of a brown color because of color correcting.

Oh, here's my favorite example, from ESB. Same actors, same costumes, within minutes of each other. One is from the set photographer, while they're waiting to shoot their scene off to the side of the star destroyer bridge set, the other is a frame grab of the actual scene, with a different camera and under different lighting.

lennox.jpg

ESB_Command_Deck.jpg

In the first, the Captain's uniform looks much more gray, and his subordinate's more green. In the second, it's the other way round.

In the case of the jumpsuit in question here, though, I'm comparing the color of the jumpsuit to the black on the patch attached to the jumpsuit, just a few pixels away and under the same lighting. I still say I've never seen a black fade that far.

--Jonah

Like to see you tweeting Pablo Hidalgo. Yes he answers tweets. He has most of mine and that's at least a dozen.

We'll see. I disagree, by comparison with the black on the Imperial cog patch on the shoulder. I have some old black shirts. It's fascinating to see which fade red, which fade green, and which fade gray -- but none of them, over decades, in some cases, have faded anywhere near that much.

--Jonah

I think that the best examples of are Star Trek costumes like the gold Command uniforms from TOS. Even though they appeared as a mustard/gold color onscreen they were said to have been more green, like the satiny tunic that Kirk wears in later seasons, in person/on set. Similarly, the blue medical/science uniforms from TNG were more of a teal color in person than the solid blue we saw on screen. Another example of this were the pulse rifles from Aliens, on screen they appeared to be OD green when in actuality they were more of a brown color because of color correcting.

"Brown bess" :D
http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/images/D/Aged_BB_03.jpg

In the case of the jumpsuit in question here, though, I'm comparing the color of the jumpsuit to the black on the patch attached to the jumpsuit, just a few pixels away and under the same lighting. I still say I've never seen a black fade that far.

Maybe not naturally, but you do have to consider that it was almost certainly artificially faded, this means that they could have faded it past where a black garment would normally fade to. I'm not saying that's what they did but that is a possibility.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back