2014 SECRET SANTA THREAD - *** Entry NOW CLOSED ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark me received!

OMG, I'm so humbled. Even without opening it, SS knocked it out of the park. Seriously puts me to shame, embarrassingly so--I can't wait till next year to have a better go at this; clearly I had no idea what I was doing. Über newb.

I'm going to wait to open, but like I said, it's already a winner. Thank you!!

Proof of awesomeness: My address was printed on the freakin' Haunted Mansion plaque! And the wrapping paper...yep, HM wallpaper. I'll post pictures of the contents on Christmas. :)

hauntedmansion_address.jpghauntedmansion_paper.jpg

Ok so my wife opened mine to see if it was wrapped and it was. However she said that one of the pieces, yes one of, was wrapped in such a way as you could totally tell what it was so I had her box it all back up as to not tempt me and so that I may make it to christmas morning. Unfortunately for her it will be the first thing I open which means if I am right the bar will be set awfully high for her to overcome.

Thanks again to my SS and to Michael for hosting this year after year!

I'd told myself I wasn't going to open mine until Christmas, but the temptation is really getting to me. I doubt I'll make it through tomorrow at this rate. Lol

I forgot all about this. Lately I've just been checking my subscribed threads and missed this. Is there any overflow so I could participate or another one later?

Big thanks to Micheal Bergeron for being the coordinator of these contests! I'm sure it takes a lot of work to get everything setup.

(stupid autocorrect...)

Last edited:
Well it's looking like my gift may have been lost/stolen, as it still hasn't arrived, and I found out it was supposed to come yesterday. The only reason I think it may have been stolen is because we just switched to a "Cluster Mailbox", which looks almost exactly like this one:

cluster.jpg

and I'm pretty sure the box marked 1P is for packages, but ours has the damn key in it (the 1P box), and it seems like it can be opened by anyone
shrug.gif

I was going to go check with the Post Office today, but I completely forgot they closed at 1pm on Saturdays, and I ended up being too late. So I am really hoping that it's just sitting up at the Post Office or something, but I won't know until Monday :(

On a happy note, my recipient should have received their gift today :)

Sorry about that Mr Burger... I never noticed that my autocorrect corrected your name to Bergman... or I thought you were channeling Golden Era actress Ingrid Bergman..

Well I am extremely happy right now! A U-Haul van just pulled up outside and dropped off the package
woohoo.gif
The van did have a USPS sticker/emblem on the door, but I thought it was weird that it was a U-Haul van.

I will probably be waiting until Christmas, but I might open it on Christmas Eve when my family gets together to exchange gifts :)

Well I am extremely happy right now! A U-Haul van just pulled up outside and dropped off the package http://forums.llli.org/images/smilies/woohoo.gif The van did have a USPS sticker/emblem on the door, but I thought it was weird that it was a U-Haul van.

I will probably be waiting until Christmas, but I might open it on Christmas Eve when my family gets together to exchange gifts :)

Awesome!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

It is definitely awesome! Now I just hope they didn't break whatever is inside, as it says Fragile on it, and as per usual with USPS the box looks pretty beat up :facepalm

1220141642a.jpg

Oh and the tracking info on my recipient's package says it was delivered to the door/front porch today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back