Veggienuts 2014 Jun-Jul Sculpture Contest Entry

veggienuts

Well this is only my second post on this site and maybe I'm jumping in the deep end here, but it is just how I roll. I guess I need to give a bit of history and skill level here? So, history I have always love movie's especially one's with monsters or make-up I wanted to be a SPFX artist as a kid but when I was 18 I was told by several make up school in LA that because I didn't have a high school diploma i could not learn in their schools. (I dropped out) After that I gave up on the idea and began a long career in driving bulldozers. So here I am now NO real experience in sculpting unless you count playdough and wet clay projects for the kids school. I have never really ever tried a sculpt since I was in my 20's, this will be my first real attempt. Fingers crossed I can finish it. I have a bad habit of never finishing things.

On to what I will be sculpting, I am using NSP med and I will be sculpting a custom monster going to just wing it really. I have watch loads of video on youtube and Stan Winstons schools website and the talent online is great I hope I can fit in here some where. I have some photos of the sculpt so far but cannot upload tonight so will do so tomorrow.
I love hearing honest opinions and criticism on the stuff I do, it is how I get better so hope to hear loads.

So the a brief description of what i am sculpting is as follows. a dinosaur butt with a critters head. lol thats about it!!!

thanks guys

So here is what I have so far I will be working on this all week as the wife and kids are gone for the week. Anyone have any advice on what to use to build up the thick parts so I can save on clay I used wet clay to but up the bulk on this and let it dry but found it cracked to much and when putting on the chavant it just crumbled, Is foil a good choice
20140712_115725[1].jpg 20140712_115818[1].jpg

have the full shape now pretty much done now it looking good I think. After working on it all day it is beginning to look like a sperm with legs, maybe I'll name it killer sperm. lol
20140712_221602[1].jpg

Really been able to crack on with this sculpt without the family being roundI am really proud of how well this is turning out. I know though 1 year down the road i'll look at it and laugh but hey it my first sculpt. only thing bugging me is the legs I think they are too small but not sure yet what to do with them so have been leaving them alone for the moment. Anyway here is where it's at at the moment.

20140714_235048[1].jpg20140714_235123[1].jpg

OMG this is great fun .. I can see this little guy running around causing all sorts of trouble.
Well I think being a little guy would be fun .. being a big guy would be well .. be a little scary :)

Very creative! :thumbsup

Your skills are wasted on bulldozers.
I am damn good on a bulldozer could give a nice shave with one. But, anyhow here is an update on my progress on this project it is going swimmingly and am enjoying it just want a dedicated space now to work but all in time I guess. At the moment I am just working on the skin texture and details. I left the feet for some time as I was unsure what I wanted to do with them but I nailed them down yesterday and am quite pleased with them. here have a look.20140722_083312.jpg

Well I am more or less done with the sculpt I just have a little bit of detailing left on the lower jaw and teeth. I am going to remove these teeth and make up some sculpy teeth but don't have any sculpy at the moment. I would love to mold this as I would like to make one that would be suitable for my son to play with as he just loves this creature. So if anyone on here is local to the east midlands who could help me mold this I would welcome the help. Have very much enjoyed this and am planning my next sculpt thinking pumpkin head or hulk maybe.

Thanks for everyone's feed back has been nice to see you like what I have been doing. here are a couple more pics20140727_162036.jpg20140727_162104.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back