Gomez Addams [Raul Julia] Smoking Jacket Fabric

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
Hey guys - a late (by my reckoning) Halloween Costume and I'm looking to find a source or name for this kind of wrinkled velvet fabric.

I've seen Indy Magnoli's fantastic replica, but unfortunately it is out of my price range. If anyone has any suggestions or sources - I'm all ears!

Also is there a name for that kind of clasp?

Thanks!
-Moony

Pics:

GomezJacket1.jpgGomezJacket2.jpgGomezJacket3.jpgJacketCap1.jpgJacketCap2.jpgJacketCap3.jpgJacketCap4.jpgShave_Your_Style_horror_beards_Raul_julia_9dc46fda95.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a great find! The original had the "wavy stripes" going almost always in a vertical direction, while the eBay one has a lot more horizontal movement, if that makes sense. Regardless, this is a great "close enough" and will certainly capture the look of the original!

Thanks Indy! I just recently sent a friend your way for this exact jacket - so you may have someone in California ordering one soon!

Great costume idea! I would go with the crushed velvet rather than the animal pattern. The clasp is called a frog, I believe.

Here's another pic - I wish there was more time! it is from Korea so it might not arrive until oct 31st according to ebay. Damn!

y26.jpg

Hmm... since they're all shown with the stripes going diagonally, you may not be able to get the most for you buck if you try using the cloth with the stripes positioned vertically. Plus, with the timing, you might be better off going with that "Raul" velvet you first found. Since that on is local you could even go check it out in person.

Yeah - I think I'm going to go with something local - and after contacting the "zebra" pattern people on ebay - Im not certain it would look quite right. I want something with that texture, but we shall see what I can muster! I've also never made a suit jacket so this shall be an interesting adventure!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back