Show your custom Lightsabers!

Very cool.

Has that Jade look to it.

What did you use for the emitter? Looks like a bulb socket.

Thanks.

Yep, Heiland Syncronar bulb socket.

My RE Chromed Graflex clamp arrived today, so I'll have another custom saber project on the workbench soon. Almost all of the needed parts are gathered.

Man, anyone got any insight on this issue? I gutted the insides of my Kenobi force FX which required cutting the two little wires connected to the switch. Well, with electronics in hand, the hilt and an over excited attitude, I hauled all of this over to my dads (forgot my blade though) to use his soldering iron, got everything in place, soldered the wires back to the switch and nothing. How distressing.
Due to time I brought everything home, stole a switch from a microphone and replaced the old switch, and ended up getting that zapping sound one hears when a force FX is turned on without a blade. Ok, progress, however, here is my issue, with the blade in place all I'm getting is that zapping sound. No lights, no blade, just that damn zapping. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Seems like the new movie has a lot of people coming back. I myself have been on a 7 year hiatus and just got back into the hobby also. Here's my personal custom I had made 7 years ago, though I just installed electronics thus year. It's inspired by Qui gon Jinn's lightsaber.

2015-06-01_03-11-01.jpg
2015-06-01_03-11-10.jpg
2015-06-01_03-10-11.jpg

Did you try some contact spray on both sides ... there where the batteries go and where the blade slides inside? I bought a so-called defect saber also with only the zapping sound for €100 less ... which was fixed within minutes with some contact spray ... I just don't hope you got your wires mixed :wacko

Man, anyone got any insight on this issue? I gutted the insides of my Kenobi force FX which required cutting the two little wires connected to the switch. Well, with electronics in hand, the hilt and an over excited attitude, I hauled all of this over to my dads (forgot my blade though) to use his soldering iron, got everything in place, soldered the wires back to the switch and nothing. How distressing.
Due to time I brought everything home, stole a switch from a microphone and replaced the old switch, and ended up getting that zapping sound one hears when a force FX is turned on without a blade. Ok, progress, however, here is my issue, with the blade in place all I'm getting is that zapping sound. No lights, no blade, just that damn zapping. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

@ NeptuneTQ ... I love that bright turquoise color of your blade :)

Chaim

I dunno... I think t-track with sloped edges would look good coming up just an inch before the button.

The problem I have putting standard size grips on this is the belt clip on the opposite end is very long, so either grips on that side need to go around it, or they overall need to be shorter. I also thought about using blank wrinkle paint on the entire body section, but not being able to remove the long clip makes that somewhat difficult (it's all riveted on).

I love making custom sabers. It's my default making activity. My ground rules are that I only use found parts and I have to make them look used. This one is my current favourite. I made it last year. I'll probably post my others, I have dozens.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It does, what an awesome concept saber! The "emitter" breaks at just the right point, very well balanced design wise

webber that too is another cool one!! mind sharing a parts list!! I'm so curious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webber that too is another cool one!! mind sharing a parts list!! I'm so curious!

Thanks.

Some brass garden hose connectors, a brass pipe end cap, a balsa wood dowel core, covered in ribbed black plastic tubing. Some vintage torch button housing and half an old SD card. Some thin tin wrapping the grip and a wooden strip wrapped in tin as well.

Sorry I can't be more precise. I just have a fodder box full of bits. Can't remember the exact pieces or sources.

I was trying to evoke a battered and cobbled Qui Gon/Obi-wan hybrid. No exact mimicking but a general feel.

Here's what I ended up doing with that Winchester headlamp so far. I want to add some kind of grips to the lower section, but otherwise I'm happy with it as a somewhat McQuarrie-esque saber.

That looks great! I really like how it's looking so far.

I love making custom sabers. It's my default making activity. My ground rules are that I only use found parts and I have to make them look used. This one is my current favourite. I made it last year. I'll probably post my others, I have dozens.

That also looks really cool!

Seems like the new movie has a lot of people coming back. I myself have been on a 7 year hiatus and just got back into the hobby also. Here's my personal custom I had made 7 years ago, though I just installed electronics thus year. It's inspired by Qui gon Jinn's lightsaber.

View attachment 484296
View attachment 484297
View attachment 484298

These look really cool. How did you come up with the design and did you machine it by yourself, or did you commission a machinist (how long did this take to make)?

@ Dr Talyn ... Perhaps you could just add 4 or 5 T-tracks instead of 6 or 7 . . . so you can leave enough space for the belt clip, right? :)

@ Webberly ... cool custom design ... very OB1 ANH like indeed ;)

Chaim

Since the electronics are giving me such a headache, I decided to takea break from that and work on some of the ccosmetic aspects of the saber since I now know where my electronics will be. It's not done, but here's what I have so far.

imgurl

post a picture

windows 7 print screen

upload pic

Here's the D ring. As you can see its pretty bulky, and it slides all over hells creation in the metal piece that keeps it on the hilt. This will be replace eventually.

adult image

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back