Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across this breaking news on FB, and then came here to post, but you guys are on top of it! :)

As long as there is some sort of retail release, and not done only in an auction, we "should" be ok. And, as long as they don't only produce something stupid like 1,000 pairs. I don't wanna fight people at a mall entrance at 4:00 am.

Tinker Hatfield just confirmed that the power lace shoes WILL be the Mag's.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/01/07/tinker-talks-2015-nike-mag-release-power-laces-agendaemerge/

Interesting!
Do you think you will get first dibs on them?!
Its interesting that the 2011 ones came with a registration number and asked the owner to register it and said to hear back from Nike in 2015.
Well now its time.
I'm pretty sure Nike is likely to give those who have the 2011 ones first dibs maybe?!

I'm not sure how they can retail this. For starters, demand will outstrip supply. Its an impossible situation to satisfy everyone.
Its surely got to be limited. Auto lace & Electronics is likely to be fragile!

- - - Updated - - -

So do you think we can we expect a drop of the 2O11 Mags value?

Yeah, I wonder what will happen to the 2011 shoe's value.
This is surely going to be a limited release. It doesn't seem they would give this a full release judging from what they have done previously.

We should start some type of petition ASAP so Nike doesn't F us over too bad.

I doubt they will listen!
I anticipate another limited amount given that are adding auto lacing to the electronics. That is going to be one heavily wired shoe!
I wonder if they are going to label this a prop as well like the 2011 shoe.

Hell, if the chinese want to make a 1:1 replica, they can start right away now on it if the hardcore fan gets shafted!

They do break in. The fabric becomes softer and looser.

That's good to know. I'll take it into consideration when I get the measurements.

I doubt they will listen!
I anticipate another limited amount given that are adding auto lacing to the electronics. That is going to be one heavily wired shoe!
I wonder if they are going to label this a prop as well like the 2011 shoe.

Hell, if the chinese want to make a 1:1 replica, they can start right away now on it if the hardcore fan gets shafted!

Yeah, this feels like it would be a limited release thing. Hope someone can make em for cheap.

Hey, Cav. You wear these things regularly right?

Do they break-in pretty good? Get loose and easier to wear?

They're supposed to be true to size, but I think the HC's run a little slim. The pairs I've got are a little snug side-to-side (toe to heel is fine), so I'm wondering if they'll break-in or if I should size up. I got HC sending me some measurements as soon as they can take them, another 24 hours til I know for sure.

I noticed that the foam my pair seemed to break up to the point where the collar is now floppy like the pics we see of the screen used prop. When they were new, they were quite firm and able to free stand. Now I have to insert an tube (I've made up some inserts using PVC pipe and end caps).

My display pair have never been worn, so are as firm now as they were when I took them out of the box.

I never found the V2s to be uncomfortable during break in. They were slightly big, but adding a sock liner and slimming the toe has fixed that.

They do break in. The fabric becomes softer and looser.

Yeah to the point where my pair flops now.

Tinker Hatfield just confirmed that the power lace shoes WILL be the Mag's.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/01/07/tinker-talks-2015-nike-mag-release-power-laces-agendaemerge/

Great news, but I seriously don't think these will be a retail shoe. My guess is that there will probably be another eBay action with those that bought and registered their 2011 shoes allowed access first. I also think these (if actual power laces can be done) will also have a 5 figure price tag and be extremely limited.

I would be very happy if NIKE does a no electronics version for a few hundred. It would rock to get a pair of genuine NIKE MAG shoes for display.

I'm going to attempt to do the recharge port upgrade on my test monkey V2 pair soon. Just picked up this charger and battery pack. I think I saw someone else mention grabbing them a while back in the thread but I don't recall seeing any update information on performance. Hope they show up.

recharge.png

I wonder of they will stick with the same 2011 design or go for screen accuracy. Meaning the clear soles being more of a white than ice blue.

I wonder of they will stick with the same 2011 design or go for screen accuracy. Meaning the clear soles being more of a white than ice blue.

When they retro a shoe, they make mods based on the advances in materials.

Something not many realize is that the NIKE MAG we see on screen was the first shoe NIKE ever did with a clear sole and it went yellow. NIKE added blue to help prevent yellowing even though I am sure their rubber is UV stabilized.

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

Tinker: "No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design."

IF they release them, part of me will be a little excited, but ONLY if the original owners get a pair extremely cheap to offset the value drop of the 2011s. I WILL go legal on Nike with those statements if they go back on their word and would suggest all other owners do too.

I think they're just creating hype personally. They'll release a scaled down/smaller version of the Mags, or perhaps even just normal trainers with power laces and they will work like Blak Bevins design and not as cool as the film with sound effects etc.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. the back4thefuture@nike.com email address is now live again and doesn't generate NDRs. It was down when the website was taken offline and was offline the few times that I tried to email it over 2014.

Looks like it will only ever be a MAG-R (V2) for me then. It will be interesting to see how they handle this for sure.

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

Tinker: "No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design."

IF they release them, part of me will be a little excited, but ONLY if the original owners get a pair extremely cheap to offset the value drop of the 2011s. I WILL go legal on Nike with those statements if they go back on their word and would suggest all other owners do too.

I think they're just creating hype personally. They'll release a scaled down/smaller version of the Mags, or perhaps even just normal trainers with power laces and they will work like Blak Bevins design and not as cool as the film with sound effects etc.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. the back4thefuture@nike.com email address is now live again and doesn't generate NDRs. It was down when the website was taken offline and was offline the few times that I tried to email it over 2014.

I'm pretty they would give first dibs on anyone who bought the 2011 shoe.
It doesn't make sense that the 2011 release which was done for charity, and the many that paid such high amounts wouldn't have first refusal on any new version.

That statement above though seems to confirm that they wouldn't release a power laced version. I wonder why they would say it if they were intending on releasing a new version?
It does sound like a lot of hype. Maybe they are going to bring out something which looks similar to a Mag but a more modified design or like you said, some other shoe which has an auto lace feature.

Having said that though, the patent they issued in 2010 and then again in 2013 seems to show the working of a shoe which autolaces a strap and laces just like in the movie.
Who knows whats going to happen.

I'm pretty they would give first dibs on anyone who bought the 2011 shoe.
It doesn't make sense that the 2011 release which was done for charity, and the many that paid such high amounts wouldn't have first refusal on any new version.

That statement above though seems to confirm that they wouldn't release a power laced version. I wonder why they would say it if they were intending on releasing a new version?
It does sound like a lot of hype. Maybe they are going to bring out something which looks similar to a Mag but a more modified design or like you said, some other shoe which has an auto lace feature.

Having said that though, the patent they issued in 2010 and then again in 2013 seems to show the working of a shoe which autolaces a strap and laces just like in the movie.
Who knows whats going to happen.

I hope you're right in the first refusal bit! There's no way in hell Nike would ever mass release this. The returns department would be overrun with idiots who don't understand these electronics like us guys. They would rag them on, jump around in them, run in puddles etc. Nike know this, they aren't stupid. The best that people can hope for is a smaller variation of Mags but the power laces would only be like Blakes which is impressive, but still nothing like how they are seen in the movie. They don't react fast enough for the sound effects either.

For anyone who has/uses photoshop. I've made a PSD file of the RD Mag's where each part of the shoe is its own layer....therefore you are able to change the colours and create your own custom mags pretty easily.

Good for people creating their own custom colours who want to see what they would turn out like, and also just fun for anyone to play around with.

If anyone wants the PSD file, just let me know :)

Here is something I was playing around with as a potential design, if I decide to make my own uppers (with a little after effects added)

RODMAGWALLPAPER.jpg

Has anyone found video or a transcript of Tinker's statements at Agenda Emerge? It annoys me that all these sneaker blogs are reporting that he confirmed the Mags for this year but there is no footage or an actual quote of what he said exactly. Or maybe I have not found it.

Has anyone found video or a transcript of Tinker's statements at Agenda Emerge? It annoys me that all these sneaker blogs are reporting that he confirmed the Mags for this year but there is no footage or an actual quote of what he said exactly. Or maybe I have not found it.

There is no video or any transcript. It seems to be one or two blogs who say something was said at this event called Agenda Emerge.

There is no video or any transcript. It seems to be one or two blogs who say something was said at this event called Agenda Emerge.
I know but they are all reporting that Tinker confirmed the Mag with power laces for 2015 - did he really though? I want to see a direct quote or video of him actually saying it. He could have been talking about the power laces in general and not about the Mag.

So I found a clip of Tinker speaking about the Mags. At first he mentions how he and Mark Parker have been hounded for years by fans asking them to make the shoes.

He then says this...

"I can't...I'm not supposed to tell you anything...but the reality is that we are working really hard to figure this sucker out and we still have 11 and 2/3 months."

He didn't actually confirm it but he kinda did lol. I'm excited nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back