1:1 Landspeeder Project - Completed!

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - VIDEO on Page 18!!!

It's great to finally get confirmation of that story Don...I had heard through the grapevine that you had supervised the destruction of the other speeder. But I didn't know the specifics.

So...What happened to the windshield and engine from the other speeder? Still in the archives?

On a different note...I saw the speeder again Saturday, and it was amazing to see all the work that Wayne has done. The final weathering and little details are all coming together really well. You guys are going to be blown away when you see the latest pics.

Jason

Ok...

As promised...Here's a few teaser pics from this past weekend.

speederatphilips5.png

speederatphilips8.png

speederatphilips11.jpg

Great job on the detail paint guys!

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

That is just breath taking Jason!!

Well done to everyone involved. This has to be the coolest 1:1 project in the history of 1:1 projects, wow!

Believe me, there are many treasures still rotting away.

That's a depressing thought Don. I realise it isn't feasible to keep absolutely everyting for ever and ever, but do you think Lucasfilm might still go through the full list of everything they have remaining at some point and rescue the pieces you're refering to?

I had a chance to work on the weathering of the Speeder this weekend with Spideyfett. Here are a few pics we took tonight...enjoy

DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0063-2.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

Last edited:

Did some work on it today/ this weekend...

Thanks Wayne for letting be apart of this project....painting this bad boy has been a dream...

Special thanks to Philip Wise for the use of his amazing shop, without the use of his shop none of this would be possible. :thumbsup

I took additional photos tonight after working on it all day... and Philp was kind enough to post them at www.rebelscum.com .

**Additional Pictures here: http://stage.rebelscum.com/gallery/speeder/default.asp

DSC_0275.JPG

DSC_0267.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0257.JPG

DSC_0270.JPG

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - NEW Pics on Page 27!!!

Ok...So I was going to tease, having no idea the boys were working on it again tonight...hehehe...

SpideyFett and Darthmiller...AMAZING JOB!!!

Seriously...I knew you two did good work, but that's a thing of beauty!

Wow...

Jason

Ok...So I was going to tease, having no idea the boys were working on it again tonight...hehehe...

SpideyFett and Darthmiller...AMAZING JOB!!!

Seriously...I knew you two did good work, but that's a thing of beauty!

Wow...

Jason

Did you see, I put the front scratch in? Just for you and Wayne.. :lol

That's a great build guys!! Part of me expects to see chains holding it to the floor so it can't float away!

Certainly a worthy piece to add to the old franchise. Sincerest congratulations and looking forward to seeing more when you have the chance!

---------------

Dude...That scratch is AWESOME!

I knew you had it in you...hehehe...You didn't seem like the type of guy to back away from a challenge. :D

Jason

Man that weathering job is just awesome!!! Looks like it came off the set of the exhibit!!!!

Thanks again Spidey and DM!!

Just saw this thread and went straight to the pics so this may have been covered....

Will the speeder be on display at the Sci Fi Expo at the end of the month? (I understand there is a replica prop room you guys are setting up.)

Just saw this thread and went straight to the pics so this may have been covered....

Will the speeder be on display at the Sci Fi Expo at the end of the month? (I understand there is a replica prop room you guys are setting up.)

Yup...should be on display in the Dealers room.:thumbsup

Here's the floor plan: http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandaysIII-floorplan.html

Hey Spidey...I was going to help Wayne get those aluminum rear details completed this week.

If I get all the little wires and misc details added, will you have time to add your magic to them as well?

Jason

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back