Constantine: Lighter Project *UPDATE 04-09-2009 - Pics of brass parts are up*

Re: Constantine: Lighter Project *UPDATE 05-18-2008 - Time to sign up for BRASS!!!!*

Brass parts are in....check it out!!!!! SO HAPPY.....SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

estimated weight per lighter is a whoppin' 350 gr.

constantinebrassparts%20001.jpg

constantinebrassparts%20002.jpg

:eek:eek:eek:eek - :love:thumbsup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOooooooooooOOO!!!!

Very nice Marc!!!! Can't wait to add this to my collection!!!

What has it been? Three years in the making, right?

nice firescale, always love the strange colors from casting metal

so its about 10.9 oz! wooh

Last edited:
Hey Marc,

I was trying to make a prototype for myself to hold me over until you get the 3rd run going. I want to make the wooden one. Then I realized that the references I have are incorrect. So I was wondering if you could send me the dimensions you used and how you hollowed out the wood pieces?

Any info you can send me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:
I think the new one looks awesome! It looks cleaner, not as shiny, but your trying to be screen accurate which may be very important to collectors.

Last edited:
I love that movie and you've done an OUTSTANDING job! That looks great - I'm sure it's the reason Constantine keeps smoking - he looks so cool with it.

the new lighter is approx 2"wide, 0.5" thick.

Out of curiosity, what are the actual dimensions of the lighter? (L"x W"x H") I was comparing Marc's estimate measurements to a zippo of mine, and my brushed zippo is just under 0.5". In the feature, the actual lighter looks to be about 0.75". If anyone could clarify this for me, it would be helpful.

If I could get my mitts on any replica, this and the knuckles are pretty high up on my list. Cant swing the $$ right now but congrats on an amazing job. Nice touch that you made the Zippo innards fit.

I was looking around online for some other replica prop pictures of the Constantine lighter, and that was before I found TheRPF. Some pictures I found were on yourprops.com, and the others were scattered around. Some are interesting to say the least, but they are not screen accurate to the finish of the metal. For example, a few pictures I found were of a China made lighter, or a zippo with an armor case, which is thicker than a normal zippo case. The last two in the pictures are just way too shiny to me. All of them are nice, but they are not as accurate as LeMarchand's.

yes, there are a couple of other replicas floating around, even saw a wooden one. Problem with them is, is that they are not very accurate compared to the screenused one. none have seperate coins as far as i can tell, none of them have the hinges right and they tend to be either too small or too big.

The version is the last pic, definately used my lighter as reference for the engravings, tells are in the coin. It looks like he did a sloppy job of tracing the engravings of one of mine. He was selling them on ebay for $600 but isn't listing them anymore, probably got a C&D from Bradford

$600? He must have been out of his mind. I'd rather pay the $300 knowing how much effort was put into it than paying more for a crappy job. It looks like that guy didn't have the right dimensions either. The lid is too curved.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back