Replica Stop-Mo Empire AT-ST

imaginager

Sr Member
Finally completed the chickenwalker from Empire Strikes Back this weekend. Some have asked me about the accuracy of this replica. Well, there's really no way to know, as the filming model no longer exists. And vintage photo-ref, if it still exists, has never surfaced as far as I'm aware. This model is the result of a group effort, and more information can be found here, for those who are interested: http://imaginager.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

As seen in the SW Technical Journal, this model has a distinctive blast mark and "Viking" emblem on its left side. These details are not evident in the 2 scenes that made the film, so I've shot my pics as a kind of "before and after".

Enjoy. BTW, see post #44 for the pre-weathered pics.

esbatst300.jpg

esbatst301.jpg

esbatst302.jpg

esbatst303.jpg

esbatst304.jpg

esbatst400.jpg

esbatst401.jpg

esbatst402.jpg

esbatst403.jpg

esbatst404.jpg

esbatst405.jpg

esbatst406.jpg

esbatst407.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Scratch ESB AT-ST

Wow that looks great. Everything looks sharp and to my untrained eye, dimensionally correct. Is the top side armour vac-formed as well?
Can't wait to see more progress shots! Cool :thumbsup

Looks awesome mate, one of my favorite designs. Look forward to more progress pics.

Knocks mine into a ****** hat....seriously, awesome work Allan, the overall profile looks nailed, so its cool to see another take on the model, thats the beauty of this project, each one will differ to the artists eye and tastes!

That M5 fender (the lower one) just needs some angle on it Allan, its cut slightly from the second set of rivets, just shave it while attached?

Right, back to gawping at the lovely pics!

bests....lee

Yeah i was rushing last night Allan, and it cost me a kit...so back to Ebay with my hasty and clumsy self LOL.

lee

Nice map Allan hehe, makes me sad though as there is the part i stood on late last night :redface.....damn my clumsy hooves LOL.

lee

This is making want to start to scratch build stuff, this is great work you & Lee are doing, I really cant wait to see this come together.

I love your head Allan, and wwwwwwwwwowww the gun assembly is perfect ! That was not an easy task, great job ! :thumbsup

I love pics like this, thanks for the layout. You and Lee are really coming out of the gates with these. What's the silver piece inside the Leichter? They used that part as reference for the 26 foot-tall walker prop in Jedi. Just realized the other guy was from the Marder!

In my opinion this is how the guns were made on the left.

leftguns.jpg

Last edited:

Julien is right, it's from the 312B.

My first head is nearing the end of construction. It's been a big help to prepare me for the next.

esb10.jpg

esb11.jpg

esb12.jpg

esb13.jpg

esb14.jpg

esb17.jpg

esb18.jpg

esb20.jpg

esb21.jpg

esb22.jpg

esb23.jpg

esb24.jpg

How the head was formed:

nb2.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb4.jpg

Last edited:

Man that's just too cool! I love this beastie! Top notch building :thumbsup :thumbsup
Just a question, aren't there any dents around the dome on the right side? Or is reference not available for that side?

Cheers, JT

Allan, buddy thats just wonderful, i love that profile, really does grab me!
I dont think its rude to say, but you have nailed the warts and all look of the walkers head perfectly! Sans glue blobs eh? LOL.

Rats, no buddy, there are no rivets on that side around the Plastruct, i drilled them into mine, as my head is planned to be a fully finished version, but Allan has gone the true filming mini route!

Thats the joy of this project, all walkers will differ to the taste of the builder...though i think were all down with maybe a one side only finished leg/chassis get up? Time will tell lol.

lee

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back